Shop recommendation for fork rebuild?

Pyromancy5

I'm rebuilding a bike (2014 Zero SR) that was in a front impact collision. They're inverted 43mm from Fastace.  Any recommendations for a shop to rebuild with new seals and check they're straight?

ITA,

AMB

8 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Jake at The Dyno Shop or @Hoblick would be my go to.  Jake is in Powell and Ryan Hoblick is in Marysville.

Thanks for that.  I also read some recs for 28 Motorsports on another thread.  I may look them up first since it's w/ in 2 miles of my house.  Has anyone had work done there?

38 minutes ago, Pyromancy5 said:

Thanks for that.  I also read some recs for 28 Motorsports on another thread.  I may look them up first since it's w/ in 2 miles of my house.  Has anyone had work done there?

I'd go to Jake.  

1 hour ago, Pyromancy5 said:

28 is fine but Ryan is so busy it's been hard to get stuff to him. I'm not going to get into which shop is better or why but I can almost guarantee you'll have your forks back sooner from The Dyno Shop. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t know anything about the Dyno Shop. Never even heard of them till now so I’ve no input there. 

Hoblick is a great guy and does good work on the side. He’s transitioned more into powder coating now than service work though. 

Suspension work is 28’s specialty. It’s what Ryan does. He does more suspension for pro racers than anyone in the area, possibly the state. He’s done our MotoAmerica bike for the last two seasons. Several bikes on the podium at VMD were on his suspension and he just did the suspension on my Street Triple a couple Saturdays ago while I waited. 

Hes a pro racer himself and was on the road a lot. He’s taking time off from racing now and is in the shop 6 days a week now. 

Hoblick sends his personal bikes to 28 too FWIW

Edited by MidgetTodd
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

I don’t know anything about the Dyno Shop. Never even heard of them till now so I’ve no input there. 

They are fairly new, a couple of CRs from Mid-O started it up this past winter. They are working hard at establishing themselves and have been great to work with on a number of projects so far. Jake is a legit tuner, which is nice to have in the Columbus area.