Power Commander/Juice Box maps

Fiend

Hey guys, 

I have a 2009 ER6N with Two Bros and Juice Box. 

I got the bike with a custom dyno tuned map and it ran somewhat poorly - zero power at all under 4,000RPM (bike would stumble on throttle below 4,000), bad throttle response, surging power. 

I located the manual for the Juice box which said position 2 was for my setup (stock everything except Two Bros slip on) and set it to that position. Everything about the way the engine ran improved. Much smoother throttle response, actually some had low RPM power, no surge. 

I know out of the box tunes are not always the greatest and I'd like to ensure the bike isn't running lean or anything like that. Is there a way I can confirm this without taking it to a dyno shop?

Thanks

Sounds like you need your money back from that custom dyno tune.

If you smell fuel in the exhaust while its running or on the plugs when you pull them I'd say its rich.

Having just a slip on doesnt do much. I'd probably pull the juice box out altogether. If your bike ever starts running funny randomly I'd say unhook the juice box first before doing anything else.

Pull the plugs after a decent run. Should be mocha brown, about the color of @NinjaDoc

Black or wet too rich. White, too lean.

But yes, unhook that thing and try that. With only exhaust and no intake mods you probably don't need it.

• Upvote 1

sadly the juice box isn't really known for being the best "commander " type plug in. even when tuned they don't have a lot of adjustability.  along with Tim a slip on doesn't really do much except improve sound  unless you remove the  giant catalytic converter as well.  that said the only way to tell is dyno

As others said, the Juice Box is junk. 

Also the two brothers slip on is equally as crappy. They are not known for anything but noise. 

If you want it to run and run good remove the juice box and slip on and sell them on eBay. 

Use that money and a little more to buy a quality complete exhaust, filter and your Choice of either a power commander or Bazzzaz.

Personally I’d go power commander on this bike  

Then go see Ryan at 28 Motorsports or Brian at Dyno Tuned Motorsports and have it properly tuned. 

Being a Kawasaki I’d probably lean towards Ryan as those are his passion 

Edited by MidgetTodd