Hi from Guernsey County

Fiend

Hi everybody. 

I'm from the Cambridge OH area and I ride a 2009 Kawi ER6N. It has a Two Bros exhaust and power commander with Pirelli Angels. 

I joined to learn about everybody's favorite places to ride, and because I want to do track days to figure out how to properly ride my bike. 

I read the stickies on track days and it seems I have a lot to figure out and do to my bike before I can show up and do one. 

Pic below is a ride I did yesterday. 146 to Zanesville, then 555 (bought a Triple Nickel shirt!) down to 78 to 83. All of that is right in my area. 

Thanks

Eric

IMG_20190629_135103486_HDR.jpg

1 hour ago, Fiend said:

I read the stickies on track days and it seems I have a lot to figure out and do to my bike before I can show up and do one

If you are going to Mid Ohio, you have very little to do. Tape the lights and mirrors. A dab of RTV on oil and coolant caps, and oil filter.

Full details here, you would be in the novice group.

http://midohio.com/information/official-requirements#ptr

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tonik said:

If you are going to Mid Ohio, you have very little to do. Tape the lights and mirrors. A dab of RTV on oil and coolant caps, and oil filter.

Full details here, you would be in the novice group.

http://midohio.com/information/official-requirements#ptr

Thanks a bunch for the link!

I'll have to look at getting gloves and leathers at a decent price. I'm assuming Iron Pony has some in stock I could try?

6 minutes ago, Fiend said:

Thanks a bunch for the link!

I'll have to look at getting gloves and leathers at a decent price. I'm assuming Iron Pony has some in stock I could try?

Yes. They have some great deals on closeout IXS stuff. I have a US 46 EU 56 white and black. It's new as hell, two track days and one day on the street with a minor wreck. There is no damage to it. If you find out that size fits you...it is yours for half of what ever IP is selling them for.

This is a two piece zip together one though.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Yes. They have some great deals on closeout IXS stuff. I have a US 46 EU 56 white and black. It's new as hell, two track days and one day on the street with a minor wreck. There is no damage to it. If you find out that size fits you...it is yours for half of what ever IP is selling them for.

This is a two piece zip together one though.

Good info, thanks. 

I'm ignorant of sizing on these things - I'm 6'0"/160lbs/30" waist. Are we ballpark?

3 hours ago, Fiend said:

Got any pics or model #? 

It really does look brand new. Even still smells like new leather. It is an IXS Camaro  I am seeing them for 300 at IP and Amazon.  150.

IMG_20190702_171216.jpg

IMG_20190702_171355.jpg

IMG_20190702_171403.jpg

IMG_20190702_171516.jpg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tonik said:

It really does look brand new. Even still smells like new leather. It is an IXS Camaro  I am seeing them for 300 at IP and Amazon.  150.

IMG_20190702_171216.jpg

IMG_20190702_171355.jpg

IMG_20190702_171403.jpg

IMG_20190702_171516.jpg

I'll take it. PM me an email for PayPal? 

14 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Welcome. Mid Ohio isn't the only track accessible from Ohio.

N2td.org check it out. A few of us are staff/coaches for that org and we run many tracks.

Is this going to ruin my life? 😂

12 hours ago, ricer1 said:

Welcome aboard, don't take many things posted on the board seriously and start growing a THICK skin! LOL😁

I'm in the construction industry... Lol 👍

1 hour ago, Fiend said:

I'll take it. PM me an email for PayPal? 

I would feel a heck of a lot better if we knew for sure that this thing actually fit you. I ride right through where you live all the time when I take weekend bike runs. How about we meet, I would bet I will be down there this weekend.

5 hours ago, Tonik said:

I would feel a heck of a lot better if we knew for sure that this thing actually fit you. I ride right through where you live all the time when I take weekend bike runs. How about we meet, I would bet I will be down there this weekend.

That'll work even better. 👍

17 minutes ago, Pauly said:

This thread brings back memories... 

@Tonik, remember that day we rode to get Mexican food and you accidentally shit yourself in those leathers? 

Good thing my shit smells like new leather, he will never know.

• 2 weeks later...