Fedex still bad at their job

serpentracer

1999.  that's the year my house was built.  20 years ago.  and fedex still insists they should change my zip code from 45001 to 45002.  and my packages don't get delivered until I call them and ask where it is.

every time it's the same thing.  I have to "verify" my address from the shipper was input correctly etc.   it's never Fedex's fault.  it's either I don't know my own street address and zip code or I gave it to the shipper with the incorrect zip code.  oh look, nope.  everyone else did their job.  Fedex is a bunch of fuck ups. 

8 hours ago, motocat12 said:

do you ever put in the 4 digit extension?

I don't know what it is.   why should it matter?  ups and usps never seem to struggle with this basic task.  if they'd stop "correcting" my address and just fucking drive to the one I provided this wouldn't be an issue.   they didn't deliver it again today.  driver said no one home. I was sitting here in my garage next to the front door working on my bike at the time he claimed he came here.  caught dude in a lie or fedex is so bad at their job he still went to the wrong town like I told them he would.   when I called yesterday they assured me it will come today as they are on it. LOL.  too bad they don't have a complaint dept.  you have to register with them to even contact them about the issue.   they're a fucking joke.   I have to contact STG to get them to get on their asses. and apparently I have to sign for it so it's not going to come till next sat when i"m home.  I can't sit here and wait all day but I guess that's how I have to spend my weekend.  I doubt I'll buy stuff from STG over this shit again. or I will request UPS or USPS to deliver it.  if they can't STG just lost a customer over their shipping choice. 

Edited by serpentracer

We tried using fedex to ship some gear down to Jacksonville earlier this spring - it got there ok, the job happened and it came time to load the gear back on the fedex truck and ship it back to Ohio (we had another full semi trailer full of gear along with the fedex truck).

Well, we get a call an hour after the truck is supposed to be on the loading dock telling us that the "truck is too big to fit in Jacksonville so it won't be arriving."

Ok? the same truck that was parked at the dock the day before has now somehow grown too large to enter a city. cool. Also, they won't give us the contact info for the driver to tell him how to get the truck to the building we are in. Seems fishy, we were trying to figure out the reasoning behind this, only thing we could guess was that the driver was unreachable/out of hours or drunk and they didn't want us to know any details. 

"Hey that's great, do you have another truck that CAN drive into Jacksonville?" 

"No, but we can try to get something to you within a day or two for the pickup!"

Meanwhile our flight leaves at 7am the next morning (8pm at this point, the original time we were supposed to be done), and we need to have all the gear out of the building by midnight or our client gets charged a bunch of extra money. 

We ended up voiding out contract with them and packing 2 trucks worth of shit onto one truck. Every single axle was within 300lbs of being overweight, one was 50lbs under. It took what should have been a 1 hour truck pack for 8 people about 6 hours. Not to mention we lost 4 people about halfway through because they had a hard out at 9pm. Thanks fedex. 

Edited by what

13 hours ago, motocat12 said:

i guess it's the route of the zipcode. per usps, not positive about others but should be more accurate.

apparently they just use their own software that's using bad map info.  I don't understand what is wrong but I do know even google maps shows my street being in 45002 zip code.  so does apple's maps /aka tom tom.  I don't know if the underlying issue is the fact the post office doesn't deliver mail here.  or the fact my street changes names 3 times in a half mile.   it's silly.  it goes from cleves warsaw pike to hillside ave to E main to main within 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile.  so for whatever reason fedex defaults to 45002.   and the driver ends up 15 mins down the road to the next town

Edited by serpentracer

I avoid FedEx. They've been ok, but cost more and aren't quite as reliable. I think your street name changing is the answer. All of it is packed together in one route in one zip code which isn't your actual zip code. I've even heard of small short streets be missing from shipping databases. Try proving that one... btw, I've used the hold and pickup at the shipping center a lot. I just didn't want it sitting outside the house by itself. Also works for items you need to sign for. Long drive after work to get it, but was worth it on those occasions.

guess what didn't get delivered again today lol  finally got to talk to an american and a guy that seems to know what he is doing.  apparently the warehouse folks keep putting it on the wrong route.   they use google maps.  so it's google fucking it all up.  he looked it up at his desk and it did go to the wrong zip code until he corrected the zip code (because google switches it automatically)  and bam,  he described my house by color and everything. said the truck it's on today doesn't go over this way. so it's been put on the wrong truck every time.  

Edited by serpentracer
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if this will help you in the future or not, but if you have a Walgreens near you, FedEx has an agreement with them. Whenever I have something coming through FedEx and I can't sign for it, I logon to my FedEx account and have it delivered to the nearest Walgreens. They sign for it, and I pick it up on my way home from work. Easy peasy.

• Upvote 1

On 6/20/2019 at 7:11 AM, blue72beetle said:

Don't know if this will help you in the future or not, but if you have a Walgreens near you, FedEx has an agreement with them. Whenever I have something coming through FedEx and I can't sign for it, I logon to my FedEx account and have it delivered to the nearest Walgreens. They sign for it, and I pick it up on my way home from work. Easy peasy.

I just saw that yesterday, on a sign in front of Walgreens. A bunch of other places too, like Staples and some Krogers stores. https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/onsite.html

UPS does the same thing. It looks a little harder to figure out which ones do customer pickup: https://www.ups.com/dropoff/?loc=locale

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
38 minutes ago, what said:

when fedex "attempted delivery but nobody was home" and you were home the whole time... and nobody knocked or rang the doorbell to alert you of their presence... 

I have one better, I was literally sitting out side washing cleaning bike etc the whole time. Waited around till 8:30pm, nothing. I mean how many time can you wax the chain and stay out , so I closed shop and went in. Next day morning sticker on door. Attempted delivery.... 😳 what kind of magic is this? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I have one better, I was literally sitting out side washing cleaning bike etc the whole time. Waited around till 8:30pm, nothing. I mean how many time can you wax the chain and stay out , so I closed shop and went in. Next day morning sticker on door. Attempted delivery.... 😳 what kind of magic is this? 

smh

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 8:51 AM, serpentracer said:

1999.  that's the year my house was built.  20 years ago.  and fedex still insists they should change my zip code from 45001 to 45002.  and my packages don't get delivered until I call them and ask where it is.

every time it's the same thing.  I have to "verify" my address from the shipper was input correctly etc.   it's never Fedex's fault.  it's either I don't know my own street address and zip code or I gave it to the shipper with the incorrect zip code.  oh look, nope.  everyone else did their job.  Fedex is a bunch of fuck ups. 

Nothing is ever my fault. I can’t take ownership in my life to call them and let them know it’s not correct. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 7:13 AM, zx3vfr said:

Nothing is ever my fault. I can’t take ownership in my life to call them and let them know it’s not correct. 

that's where you're wrong dipshit.  I corrected them several times.  you can't even read.  i said this.  

Edited by serpentracer