2008 FZ6; Best Offer OR.net Pricing

Pauly

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Not bored. Quite the contrary. It is a great bike. I just want something more refined. I guess I spent too much time on Ducatis. 

So you would say Ducati and refinement in the same sentence? KInda yes and no? Ok, kinda showing my addiction, but refinement and reliability is VFR, mbe try one. The bikes have soul and a killer exhaust sound. -  If you ride Ducs, you already understand soul. - (no inline 4 is ever gonna have that.)

Edited by mello dude

It’s always a Gap trip wherein Pauly decides the fz6 is not a refined enough for his taste

i only wish I had an answer from the potential new job already because this would be a perfect option to get me back on to two wheels :)

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, mello dude said:

So you would say Ducati and refinement in the same sentence? KInda yes and no? Ok, kinda showing my addiction, but refinement and reliability is VFR, mbe try one. The bikes have soul and a killer exhaust sound. -  If you ride Ducs, you already understand soul. - (no inline 4 is ever gonna have that.)

It isn't the inline that leaves me wanting. That little 600 is no slouch, especially at 10k rpm. Also, the brakes on that little bike are seriously adept. 

Soul? No, it has none. Character? I think it has a bit. 

VFRs are nice bikes. I especially like the sound of gear-driven cams and v-4 powerplants. However, I want a more touring-based platform. 

6 hours ago, Bad324 said:

It’s always a Gap trip wherein Pauly decides the fz6 is not a refined enough for his taste

i only wish I had an answer from the potential new job already because this would be a perfect option to get me back on to two wheels :)

I tried to love it, but I am what I am. I am a snob. It is a fine little machine, though. If it weren't as quick as it is, I would save it for Isaac. 

• Upvote 1

A bit off topic but not really.

When a bike is "it" you just know. It is hard to explain. I rode the connie home from Cape Hatteras yesterday. 735 miles and i hit a bit of everything. City riding, freeway, mountain passes and country roads. Not once did i wish i had something else under me. 3 tanks of fuel and only 2 stops all day, all I keep saying to myself was "damn i still love this bike". 

So hope you find what your looking for but when you find it you should know instantly.

Oh yeah LBTS GLWS and all that.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

I've been seriously considering a BMW boxer twin lately.  Probably a 2015+ R1200r (maybe an R Nine T).  It's a naked with bag and windshield options that make it a fully capable tourer.

I have something similar in mind. 

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

All these post and not one person called him out for having the same price on CL as he does here. Where is the OR discount.

The CL ad is the discounted price. It was listed at $4k. 

7 hours ago, 2talltim said:

A bit off topic but not really.

When a bike is "it" you just know. It is hard to explain. I rode the connie home from Cape Hatteras yesterday. 735 miles and i hit a bit of everything. City riding, freeway, mountain passes and country roads. Not once did i wish i had something else under me. 3 tanks of fuel and only 2 stops all day, all I keep saying to myself was "damn i still love this bike". 

So hope you find what your looking for but when you find it you should know instantly.

Oh yeah LBTS GLWS and all that.

Yep! I feel the same about my FJR.

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

I stopped and looked at a few bikes. There are some RTs on consignment at the local store that belong to some highly irrational people. Is asking $4k above market value a BMW thing? 

This what I'll probably buy, but not until next season.  Might be worth comparing to a the RT

https://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/d/west-mifflin-2015-bmw-r1200r-lc/6903982643.html

Edited by Tpoppa

50 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I think Nivin is starting to rub off on all of you!

You're right. I may have caught The Derp. I think I will keep it for now. The bike I want to replace it with is too expensive at the moment. I could go for the FZ1, but if it did 5 days at a very positive clip and was able to hang... it is worth some effort to make it better. 

• Pauly locked this topic
  • Pauly unlocked this topic