Insurance carrier

Parrot

So, I currently have my bike covered from State Farm.

I just ran a quote through Geicko and found that the coverage from them was less than half the cost of what I am paying now. I asked a few of my friends and they had some pretty bad things to say about Geicko.

But, I wanted to survey the board and see who you guys would recommend and why.

Had geico for a while, found a better rate with progressive, plus they have vanishing deductibles and they drop my premium every year of uninterrupted coverage.  Check em out, check as many out as possible. Gonna depend on your bike tho, I know state farm has an upcharge for coverage on ANY sport bike. If there's an 'R' in the model, it costs an extra $600-800 per year. 

Had Progressive. They jacked my rate for no reason. 

Went to Geico. Was happy no proablems. Even handled a claim perfectly.

Riders offered me a stupid low rate. So I switched to them for one year. They jacked my rate WAY UP for no fucking reason.

Went back to Geico and have been happy again for some time.

53 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Had Progressive. They jacked my rate for no reason. 

Went to Geico. Was happy no proablems. Even handled a claim perfectly.

Riders offered me a stupid low rate. So I switched to them for one year. They jacked my rate WAY UP for no fucking reason.

Went back to Geico and have been happy again for some time.

there's a reason. they cut the rate to steal you and expect you won't notice the standard rate the next year. I write the premium on the wallet card so I can easily see their yearly raise.

Just now, motocat12 said:

there's a reason. they cut the rate to steal you and expect you won't notice the standard rate the next year. I write the premium on the wallet card so I can easily see their yearly raise.

Mine quadrupled. I noticed. 

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

My premium last year for my gsxs1000f when I first bought it was $1500/yr for good coverage.  This year it was $923 and my deductible dropped from $1k to $750. Before this bike I insured my bandit, shadow, cb750, TL1000S  and FZR600  and never saw a rate increase. 

I have Geico, no claims and no problems. I also have Progressive and had a claim on 2008, totaled bike, gave me the blue book value on my 2005 FZ1 and all accessories in full along with my medical deductible. Interestingly, they came to my house with the check only a couple days after the accident and I remember I was still high on narcotics I was taking for the pain. They really were responsive.    

I would NEVER do business with Geico. Years ago I read they buy and donate radar/laser guns to the police-why? so they can raise premiums-duh.

I'm with Celina Insurance Group. Never had any issues with them, reasonable rates.

23 minutes ago, goldenpony said:

I would NEVER do business with Geico. Years ago I read they buy and donate radar/laser guns to the police-why? so they can raise premiums-duh.

I'm with Celina Insurance Group. Never had any issues with them, reasonable rates.

This whole post wreaks of chemtrails. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pauly said:

This whole post wreaks of chemtrails. 

Actually a true story. They also saved the company that was developing LIDAR from bankruptcy.

Thanks Geico!

• Beer 1

21 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

My premium last year for my gsxs1000f when I first bought it was $1500/yr for good coverage.  This year it was $923 and my deductible dropped from $1k to $750. Before this bike I insured my bandit, shadow, cb750, TL1000S  and FZR600  and never saw a rate increase. 

Gixxus Christ!

I haven't paid over $500 a year for 2 or 3 bikes 2 riders and full coverage in 10 years.

$390 right now for 3 bikes 2 riders full coverage and $500 deductable

17 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Gixxus Christ!

I haven't paid over $500 a year for 2 or 3 bikes 2 riders and full coverage in 10 years.

Brand new bank-owned liter sport bike and I still got 1 ticket on my license. Also, I dont live in the fucking hills. Zip code affects premium. Figure it out. 

21 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Brand new bank-owned liter sport bike and I still got 1 ticket on my license. Also, I dont live in the fucking hills. Zip code affects premium. Figure it out. 

Im sure my Z is in the same catagory as yours but yeah its not new(8 yrs). But I do keep the same coverages that that banks require. Im sure area does matter.

28 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

I had brand new RRs covered for a lot less 

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Gixxus Christ!

Right now I am paying over $1k a year for one bike and it is a cafe bike, hence why I am looking at other carriers

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Im sure my Z is in the same catagory as yours but yeah its not new(8 yrs). But I do keep the same coverages that that banks require. Im sure area does matter.

Replacement value is also a huge factor. $12k brand new bike vs $6k 8 yr old bike. 

1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I had brand new RRs covered for a lot less 

Hows your driving record and the theft rate in your area? I live near Canton where shit goes missing on the regular.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:14 PM, Gixxus Christ! said:

Replacement value is also a huge factor. $12k brand new bike vs $6k 8 yr old bike. 

Hows your driving record and the theft rate in your area? I live near Canton where shit goes missing on the regular.

I have a perfect driving record. When I got the insurance I had one accident that was almost three years old which affected my rate.

I live on the west side of Cleveland and I don't think anyone is interested in my Triumph

On 5/31/2019 at 7:38 PM, Tonik said:

Check Erie Insurance. I made a claim, they gave me twice what I paid for the bike.

Thanks for the advice, these guys actually got me a killer rate.