Lettuce discuss washing

Gixxus Christ!

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

Thank God some brilliant mod unlocked this thread for all this entertainment that was to be had.

Oh, I think "had" is the wrong choice of verbs. This thing is FAR from over 😅

22 minutes ago, jbot said:

ever since sam turned 40, he's been super sensitive.  i'm worried.

Maybe that has something to do with the small turnout at The fucking Catalina wine mixer NEO meat and greet extravaganza last month. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tonik said:

So I have read all this again and I am still confused on the best way to wash my bike. @max power and @Gixxus Christ! seem to both be pretty versed on this subject. Perhaps you two could recap your positions for us and add some clarity.

Throw rocks at it for an hour, douse in quick detailer, dry with weedwacker. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Throw rocks at it for an hour, douse in quick detailer, dry with weedwacker. 

What brand of weed whacker works best? It's a bit chilly here today, but I'm going to try this.

23 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I wasn't asking for advice on how to make OR great again.  

I should not have checked this during a conference call. Laughed quite audibly when I read that 

• Beer 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Motocat, this is absolutely hilarious! OR riders beatin' the shit outta each other instead of rival gang members. Just a nice, leisurely trip with a few friends . . . ☠️

3 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Following, I have few bits  baked in to the naked engine parts from the “wetacious” gap trip. Can’t seem to get it off. D

I'm sure Sam can help you with this. Be patient, it shouldn't be long now . . . 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Following, I have few bits  baked in to the naked engine parts from the “wetacious” gap trip. Can’t seem to get it off. D

Based on the recommendation of an OR member that isn't a dumbass (amazingly there really is one), I just ordered some 'Bike Bright'. He uses it for just this purpose and swears by it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Based on the recommendation of an OR member that isn't a dumbass (amazingly there really is one), I just ordered some 'Bike Bright'. He uses it for just this purpose and swears by it.

I like bike bright, always used it on the shiny parts, was a little hesitant to use on the black engine components due to urban myth about it causing some fading , have any experience in use on painted or powder coated areas? 

4 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I like bike bright, always used it on the shiny parts, was a little hesitant to use on the black engine components due to urban myth about it causing some fading , have any experience in use on painted or powder coated areas? 

Careful! This topic is what started the fracas earlier in this thread 😅

10 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Considering I just ordered and have not gotten it let alone used it, no I have no experience with it.

• 2 months later...
  • Casper unpinned this topic