Lettuce discuss washing

Gixxus Christ!

1 hour ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Thought about it, know any good ones?

I take my bike to the spa ladies from the Wizard of Oz movie--y'know, the gals who buffed up the Cowardly Lion . . .

I tried the S100 stuff. It seemed to degrease and/or brighten things pretty well. I leave it for last to get the hard to remove crap and funky looking spots.

I use the Honda quick spray and one of the wax that dries clear. Clear drying lets you protect some places that are hard to buff out.

Any car wash works for me, even Dawn or Ivory dish soap. Don't care. (Ivory used to be an industrial grease cutter, or so they say...)

edit: as Tonik pointed out, dish soap will generally remove your old wax.

Edited by ReconRat

3 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Most dish soaps will remove your wax in a heartbeat.

This.  A bottle of car wash doesnt cost much and if you get the good concentrated stuff, it only takes a few capfulls per wash. 

I quit using the old school turtle paste wax when I noticed that it was impossible to remove from the black plastic fill trims pieces. Google search found that liquid wax doesnt do that, and mothers back to black fixes it and makes your black plastic trim look brand new, and there is a lot of it on my bike. 

1 hour ago, max power said:

It’s a wax. Not good for Matte black plastic

So mask it like you would if you were waxing. Was isnt bad for matte plastic, it's just hard to get out, unless you own sophisticated things like pencil erasers, or use a plastic polish like back to black. 

Do what you want, I'll continue to use quick detailer between washes because it works. Your claims of damage are way overstated. 

• Upvote 1

Yea I never had problems with quick detailer damaging the VFR handles or side fairing things that were between the seat and engine which were matte black plastic.

Hell I've used it countless times on the notoriously shitty cowl cover on the Firehawk and no signs of damage either

after seeing a youtube video about xpel ceramic coating I kind of want to get it done to my bike. mainly down at the front fairing behind the front wheel. it gets beat up by rocks a lot.   they apply a paint protection film to the bodywork  then a ceramic coating on top of it.  watch it repel mud and self heal scratches,

16 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

So mask it like you would if you were waxing. Was isnt bad for matte plastic, it's just hard to get out, unless you own sophisticated things like pencil erasers, or use a plastic polish like back to black. 

Do what you want, I'll continue to use quick detailer between washes because it works. Your claims of damage are way overstated. 

🤣

ok bubby.  Spray that shit all over your black plastic and clear screens.  I don’t give a fuck.  

You asked for advice and you’re gonna get pissy when you don’t get the advice you want to hear?

It ruined my speedometer surround and black side panels.  Just trying to save you the grief.  Jesus, you so sensitive.  

21 minutes ago, max power said:

🤣

ok bubby.  Spray that shit all over your black plastic and clear screens.  I don’t give a fuck.  

You asked for advice and you’re gonna get pissy when you don’t get the advice you want to hear?

It ruined my speedometer surround and black side panels.  Just trying to save you the grief.  Jesus, you so sensitive.  

Don't even talk to him about pineapple on pizzas :lol:

• Haha 1

• Casper locked and pinned this topic
  • 2talltim unlocked this topic
  • Casper unpinned this topic