Live to ride...Ride to eat

Tonik

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Damn Casper and his broke shit.

Ain't gonna let no expired https certificate silence me.

Tonic, steak (rare) and eggs is my absolute favorite breakfast; only thing missing in yer photo is the mimosas, but obviously you had to ride home.

Made killer baby back ribs last night: brined them for 8 hours in apple cider, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup kosher salt, many turns of the pepper mill. Rinsed/dried 'em off, shook on equal parts Coleman's dry mustard, cayenne powder, dark brown sugar, and covered with Montgomery's BBQ sauce. Wrapped in foil. Baked in toaster oven at 250° for 2 hours. Magnificent!

8 minutes ago, SpecialEd said:

Ain't gonna let no expired https certificate silence me.

Tonic, steak (rare) and eggs is my absolute favorite breakfast; only thing missing in yer photo is the mimosas, but obviously you had to ride home.

Made killer baby back ribs last night: brined them for 8 hours in apple cider, 2 cloves garlic, 1/4 cup kosher salt, many turns of the pepper mill. Rinsed/dried 'em off, shook on equal parts Coleman's dry mustard, cayenne powder, dark brown sugar, and covered with Montgomery's BBQ sauce. Wrapped in foil. Baked in toaster oven at 250° for 2 hours. Magnificent!

Whoops: forgot to include cold-smoking the ribs for about 20 minutes with mesquite chips after removing from the marinade.

• Pauly pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Tonik said:

The BBQ at Ohio Bike week was utter shit.

The OBW was a poorly attended, maybe the threat of rain or having it over two weekends dilutes the crowd. 

53 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Sucks, Jim. At least you got to not ride your bike all day.

Also noteworthy is the Riverside in Powhatan Point is out of business. 

that place was cool. Can’t remember if the food was any good but the time we were down there when you had Isaac with you seemed like that was the only joint open in that town 

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

You are the skinniest old white dude to hold the Authority Badge Of BBQ!!🎖

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...

In case anyone cares... the Smokehouse in Highlands, NC is a bust. The service is ok and the staff friendly (and attractive), but the food is not very good. The brisket was dry and I had to pour sauce on it just to make it edible. I did not finish what I ordered. The fried okra was good, as the mac and cheese. Good lemonade. 

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Any suggestions for small popmom  place to grab a bit in seo east of 77 and south of 70 

Beallsville Dinner in Beallsville just west of the 145 556 intersection.Bring cash,I don't think they accept cards.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, drc32-0 said:

Beallsville Dinner in Beallsville just west of the 145 556 intersection.Bring cash,I don't think they accept cards.

I don't know if they're still in business. I sped past there a week ago and looked like the diner was closed and some club took over the shack. 

• Tonik unpinned this topic