Live to ride...Ride to eat

Tonik

WTF. Going to start banning people for one of two things.

1) Posting non food related posts. This is supposed to be an ongoing thread to catalog good places to ride to eat.

2) Posting food without actually posting where it is.

:asshat:'s :ban:

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 2talltim said:

That dose not look like a Yamaha?

The more I slept on the Yamaha, the less in love with the idea I was. I already have a very nice touring bike. I needed to replace the FZ6 with something more suited for hooliganism. The Hyper was priced right, so I took it for a spin. I decided I had to have it. So..  no, it is not a Yamaha. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pauly said:

The more I slept on the Yamaha, the less in love with the idea I was. I already have a very nice touring bike. I needed to replace the FZ6 with something more suited for hooliganism. The Hyper was priced right, so I took it for a spin. I decided I had to have it. So..  no, it is not a Yamaha. 

I thought you had already bought it.  @JustinNck1 and @Howabusa are now disappointed in you

Just now, 2talltim said:

I thought you had already bought it.  @JustinNck1 and @Howabusa are now disappointed in you

I had a deposit on it. It is in Milwaukee and I didn't have the motivation to fly out and bring it home. It is a nice bike and the 2015 I rode last month was fast and nimble. I just couldn't get excited about it enough to justify the purchase. 

• Tonik unpinned this topic
On 8/8/2019 at 7:26 AM, Pauly said:

I was thinking the same thing, why have two touring bikes?

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

One out of the five previous was a flop. Even so, the performance on the bad one was still very good. It just had issues. None of the other Ducs were much trouble. 

Was that the ST3 or the multi with the recurring gas tank problem?

9 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Was that the ST3 or the multi with the recurring gas tank problem?

The Multistrada had a tank replaced under warranty. After that... no issues. 

The ST3 developed a leak at the hinge welds... and warped rotors... and leaking coolant hoses... at 12k miles. Fuck that noise. 

• 1 month later...

I didn't ride here, but I did buy a Ducati hat 10 minutes before arriving...so that counts. 

Good BBQ, but not even close to top 10 status. The servers were attractive and friendly. The music was good. The beer selection was very good with lots of local stuff on tap. 

So, decent place but not worth making a special trip. If you are in the area, it is worth a stop. 

20190913_144121.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

475 mile ride for BBQ in Weston, WV. Jim says this place sucks, but he is wrong. He must be thinking of another joint, because this shit is delicious. Better than that... the route there and back is phenomenal. It was so good I wanted to stop and take pics of a couple of the corners, but I had a deadline to meet. I left my house at 7:30 and was home at 5:15...and I had to swing by the office to get some things for next week's trip. So, I would have made my 5:00 arbitrary goal. I am calling it a win because I rode my ass off today and had a blast. I haven't done a solo cannonball run like this in a long time. You all missed out on a stellar set of roads. I am going to do this ride again in the spring, so be ready. 

I had a sandwich called "Pipeliner". It is the only thing I have eaten here, but this is just my second visit. I will choose something else next time, but that is a damn good sanwich. The garlic pickles are also very good. 

My dinner is also incredible. Today was a good day. 

20191004_171703.jpg

20191004_123040.jpg

20191004_121958.jpg

20191004_111614.jpg

20191004_184728.jpg

Edited by Pauly
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

I think The wife and I may have passed you. We road east on 47-119 in Linn-Weston and then 48 to elkins 250 south and so on to the east. Overnighting and back north on Sat. into PA. And home on Monday.

Green law z1k and a white spyder in tow. What a great day.

Edited by B-Mac
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

I think The wife and I may have passed you. We road east on 47-119 in Linn-Weston and then 48 to elkins 250 south and so on to the east. Overnighting and back north on Sat. into PA. And home on Monday.

Green law z1k and a white spyder in tow. What a great day.

I thought about you two when we crossed paths. That's funny. I hope you had a good ride, too. 

• 8 months later...