North Carolina 215

Howabusa

7 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Is this the one that goes by the waterfall you can slide down?

No that's Slide Rock on 276, one rd further down. But between the two of them they make a nice loop. Other than 276 has a lot of rain groves. 

15 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

No that's Slide Rock on 276, one rd further down. But between the two of them they make a nice loop. Other than 276 has a lot of rain groves. 

Yep, done that loop many times and yea not in weekends.

8 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

I don’t about that. I just remember talking about nice roads with you and you seem to know all the roads.

Must be old age, I remember them but not all the details. I will have to find my route for that area, there is a way to zig zag from Highlands to Asheville...up and down raids like that.

• Upvote 1

215 south of the BRP to Rosman is definitely a great low traffic race track.  Nice because the speed limit is 55 if I recall correctly.  The 215-276 loop is pretty intense if you do it in one run, but traffic on the north side of the Parkway headed to Waynesville is heavier.  281/Canada Rd from Lake Toxaway to Tuckasegee, 1001/Ellijay/Tilley Creek and 1533/Walnut Creek/Pine Creek, both running from 107 to 64 are all epic for twisties.  A short fun run that's pretty technical is 209 north from Waynesville, right on Upper Crabtree Rd to right on Crabtree Mtn Rd back to Canton.  Great vista from the top of Crabtree Mtn!  Everyone knows the rest.

• Upvote 1