2002 GSX-R600 Track Bike $1400

TMC Customs

This bike was purchased as a non-runner and had been sitting in the previous owners heated garage for 8 years. He was the second owner and crashed the bike on the road in Virginia.  After crashing the bike, he turned it into a track bike and used it often until moving to this area.  I purchased the bike to try to convince friends to join me at the track and to use as a hot spare in case I downed my current track bike.  The bike needed some work to get it running and make it safe, the biggest issue was the fuel tank and fuel system as the previous owner left race gas in it for 8 years and it essentially corroded everything.  The following has been done to the bike:

• Fuel tank replaced
  • Fuel sending unit replaced
  • Fuel pump replaced
  • Fuel pressure regulator replaced
  • All fuel system related o-rings and seals replaced
  • Fuel rail disassembled and cleaned
  • Fuel injectors disassembled, cleaned, tested
  • Rear brake master cylinder was replaced
  • Front and rear brake fluid flushed and bled
  • New mobil1 racing 4t oil and filter
  • Flushed cooling system
  • New radiator cap
  • Battery
  • New high strength o-ring chain (not installed)

The bike is essentially stock except for the Vortex rear sets ($400 new) and upgraded front springs but in its stock form it is over 100hp so it will have no problem keeping up with any newer bike on the track.  The bike is fuel injected and has dual throttle bodies so it is very responsive and involves less maintenance than a carbureted bike.  Everything works as it should but you will want to replace the tires as they are 8 year old track tires and are rock hard.  Honestly, you should replace the tires on any bike you plan to take to the track unless they are new.  The bike has been low sided a time or two so the fairings are not pretty but they are serviceable.  Bike is straight, runs, drives, and stops.  I have not personally had this on the track or on the road as it is not street legal and the tires and dangerous. Asking $1400

IMG_0073.JPG

IMG_0074.JPG

Edited by TMC Customs
Forgot to add price