Litespeed Hiwassee Titanium MTB

Bubba

Get'cha some vintage iron...well, vintage titanium actually. Bought this early last year from the original owner but haven't ridden--and prolly won't--since I blew my knee out last spring. Litespeed Hiwassee Titanium 26er with top tube cable routing and asymmetric stays, circa mid- to late-90s. Very GC with only minor cosmetic blems; never stored outdoors. Shimano XTR brakes/derailleur, Deore XT crank, LX hubs, Topo stem, RockShox XC30 fork with pre-load adjust/lock-out lever. Rims are straight; IRC Mythos XC tires in fair-good condition; tubes are solid. $135 is cheap for this blast from the past hey-day of MTBing!

DSC02987.JPG

DSC02990.JPG

DSC02991.JPG

Pauly:  Truthfully, I have no idea.  I rode it once and it fit me fine--5'11" with a 32" inseam, but you can see there's plenty of space for seat drop.  If you're shorter than me you might need to swap for a shorter stem.  My gut says--based on riding a lot of miles on a number of different bikes way back in the 80s and 90s--it would prolly be a 17-19" (medium?) but not sure.  I can measure the distance C-to-T for you...or give me a clue where to find a frame size mark?

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Frame size? 

(please be too big... please be too big) 

C-to-T (center of crank to top of seat tube) measures 19".  I'm gonna be at Vintage Week at Mid-O in July if you're interested.  You ain't gonna find Ti this low anywhere!