Chain lube myth

NinjaDoc

Watched this a few days ago. Still gonna clean with kerosene and lube with KLR til this can is empty and probably buy another can. I've had o-ring chains in the past that I put on brand new and didnt lube, and I could feel and hear them when they needed it and saw the sound and vibration disappear once they got a lil lube. 

I refuse to use gear oil (spoiler alert) which is what won out in the video. It will sling off and make a mess.

I've been using PJ1 Blue  label Clear for many years. I've gotten phenominal mileage out of my chains. The best was over 45k miles on the stock chain and sprockets on my TL that was a torque monster. When I changed it it was actually still in good shape I just wanted to put a gold chain on for looks. My Z has almost 20k on it and stock chain and the guy I bought it from used the PJ1 as well. Best thing about it is that it's not messy at all. 

So you want rust blocking, non stick, no fling? Get a painted chain. 10/10 x3 

EKCHAINCOLOR520-4.jpg

What' the best lube for dual sporters who also have non ring chains? I currently have and white lightning and liquid wrench wax lubes.

Wet lubes are considered to be better for wet riding.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:49 PM, Pauly said:

Motorcycle tire manufacturers are scamming the market with round tires. I just spooned a BFG Longtrail to my bike and it handles perfectly. 

Thank you for your purchase. 🤣

Edited by mango_sv

On 4/23/2019 at 11:49 PM, Pauly said:

Motorcycle tire manufacturers are scamming the market with round tires. I just spooned a BFG Longtrail to my bike and it handles perfectly. 

It's a Kawasaki Cruiser.  It's never handled perfectly.

• Haha 2