2019 Rides and Pictures

2talltim

Feel free to post your 2019 rides, pictures and route reports here. I'll pin this thread.

Got out today after work for a little 100 mile jog with the big girl.  Did some north east knox, western Holmes and southern Ashland county. 205 was smooth as glass a couple dirty corners. 62 was the usual heavy traffic and decent. Looks like 206 and 520 are getting resufaced very soon. The signs are up and a paver sitting near by. BUT there are lots of loose gravel signs, hope thats not a bad sign. They are currently doing prepaving patching on 520. 514 is decent on the northern end but beautifully seasoned fresh pavement on knox county. Wally Rd. is gloriously paved and beautiful in knox county, little ruff aross the county line and the northern part that they tar and chipped last year is cleaned up now and decent. 97 between butler and rt 3 is closed for a bridge i think. All the roads in and around Mohican St park are super covered in peagravel, heed much caution there. Thats about it. I took shity county roads around the closure on 97 and got back home. Heres a few pics of my wanderings.

Screenshot_20190416-165508_Real-Time GPS Tracker 2.jpg

20190416_144006.jpg

20190416_154054.jpg

20190416_155234.jpg

20190416_162223.jpg

20190416_144328.jpg

20190416_151545.jpg

20190416_152120.jpg

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 4

Unfortunately 520 and 206 ( which I ride frequently ) are scheduled for chip and seal in June. A buddy of mine stopped and talked with the state crew last week...His wife works for ODOT and confirmed that.

5 hours ago, flick311 said:

Unfortunately 520 and 206 ( which I ride frequently ) are scheduled for chip and seal in June. A buddy of mine stopped and talked with the state crew last week...His wife works for ODOT and confirmed that.

Thats what i was afriad of when i seen all the loose gravel signs. 😫

• 2talltim pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
On 4/16/2019 at 10:11 PM, flick311 said:

Ugh! Why! So few decent roads up north and they ruin these as well. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love riding during the week, no traffic! I ran down to Hocking hills for a ride today. Took 33 south out of Lancaster, jumped on the north end of 374. 374 is a nice road, without the traffic. Ended up on 328, 664, Ilesboro and 93. The was some gravel on the roads from the rains. Overall it was a nice ride.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

I love riding during the week, no traffic! I ran down to Hocking hills for a ride today. Took 33 south out of Lancaster, jumped on the north end of 374. 374 is a nice road, without the traffic. Ended up on 328, 664, Ilesboro and 93. The was some gravel on the roads from the rains. Overall it was a nice ride.

How many miles is this ride? I keep wanting to make a week run through Hocking, but I’m unfamiliar with the area. I want to make the ride worth my time. 

3 hours ago, durk said:

How many miles is this ride? I keep wanting to make a week run through Hocking, but I’m unfamiliar with the area. I want to make the ride worth my time. 

Durk,

You are always welcome to come down and spend a couple of nights and a day or two of the (tour-de-hock) route with me. Many options four you and your family down here.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Durk,

You are always welcome to come down and spend a couple of nights and a day or two of the (tour-de-hock) route with me. Many options four you and your family down here.

Thanks B-Mac. 

• 4 weeks later...

Beverly to WV 3 day loop. Hacker valley RD is a dirt road but not bad. 

1 Beverly to Fayetteville WV Gorge bridg.gpx

2 Big bridge to Hacker Valley Road.gpx

3 Directions from Hacker Valley Road to BI.gpx

4 Davis to Beverly.gpx

Edited by Gump
  • Upvote 1

Spruce knob good. Spruce lake bad, don’t go that way. Fayetville new river gorge bridge on 82 cool if never seen, otherwise stay out of fayetteville and Summersville. 19 is split 4 lane Harley road. Seeing Seneca rocks sucks, it’s just rocks from a distance unless u like hiking. Highly recommend hacker valley area. 

• Beer 1

Got back Sunday evening from our two day romp in PA. 621 miles for two days. Great roads and a few sites.

Crossed over at Moundsville, WV. Took Fork Ridge 17 down into PA. 891 and jumped on some of the Posted GPX routes. 

Overnight-ed at Sevens Springs Resort: www.7springs.com. Sunday road more of the published routes and returned thru Ohiopyle area on 381.

Hit Fuel Coffee Works at 381/40 (Great Place) -40 west- Crossed at Marietta and 550 home. We were Max-ed out both day's but no regrets. Great Weather-Food-Roads.

Route: https://www.laurelhighlands.org/plan/motorcycle-routes/
Somerset Scenic 6
100_0259.JPG

100_0260.JPG100_0262.JPGSeven Springs 2019_0025.jpg

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1

• Casper unpinned this topic