2talltim

Mid Summer Weekend Shindig...Feeler Thread(cook out, bike wrenching, camping, ect)

Thinking about putting together a little shindig this summer with you animals at my place(43019).  Thought about making this a weekend event that would include camping, wrenching on bikes, mounting tires, camp fire, cook out and adult beverages(responsible for yourself no DUI). I'm willing to volunteer my castle for this. I am centrally located between CMH and CLE so most of the regulars might be able to attend(sorry CIN + SEO peeps, still welcome but a little further for you). There are some decent riding around me over in Kershocton and up around Mohican area. It's no SEO but some decent riding. I have some nice facilities. I have a large garage with most the tools you would need to work on bikes including a lift and tire changer. I have a large yard with plenty of room for parking and moto camping. Even  if you don't have camping gear I have a few tents and airbeds I can set up for you, I'd even open up the house for a few couch crashers if that's what it takes to get folks out. Your welcome to camp the entire weekend (F-Sun), you welcome to stop in for a bite or to just say Hi, or you can drive/ride over for the after dark shinanigans.  Ill buy the basic burgers and dogs for the grill and some sides and folk would be free to bring what they want. 

Here is the feeler part. I don't want to put this together if folks aren't interested so chime in and say if it some thing you would attend. Also throw out some dates for this. I'm thinking mid summer sometime late June or into July. So there it is, let me know your thoughts. 

General proposed itinerary: 

Friday Evening: open yard and garage up for campers and wrenching for early birds, have drinks and camp fire order some pizzas or something. 

Saturday: Breakfast of some kind(ill supply), Ride during the day, wrench on bikes. Late afternoon: fire up grill, crack open drinks. Evening: empty coolers by the fire and tell stories and lies.

Sunday: break camps and clean up maybe another planned ride. 

AND GO..............................

Edited by 2talltim

What weekend do you have in mind?

Since people are traveling on bikes, would it make sense for everyone to kick in $$ toward a food fund rather than bring food?

I’d probably roll up for the day just to hang out, possibly pass out on your couch. Depends on when.  

• Beer 1

52 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

What weekend do you have in mind?

Since people are traveling on bikes, would it make sense for everyone to kick in $$ toward a food fund rather than bring food?

Honestly thinking more mid July. May is a busy month for me, and Sams gig is the last weekend of April. June us gap trip and close to the 4th of July holiday.  But I'm really open to what the masses can or want to do. 

And yea bringing food is voluntary i would try to have some basics for everyone.  Can even make some beer runs or store runs in the car if need be for the ones riding with limited luggage capabilities. 

I would consider it if you rename the event to 'Gay garage gang bang meat and greet'.

Will we have a Porta Potty or are all (60) attendees dumping up in the master on-suite bathroom inside the castle?

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

I would consider it if you rename the event to 'Gay garage gang bang meat and greet'.

We already have one of those. Gotta name it something different but equally as gay.

19 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

We already have one of those. Gotta name it something different but equally as gay.

No, Sam renamed it. He is an asshat.

For the record, I'm fine without Jim's implied gayness.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Tonik said:

No, Sam renamed it. He is an asshat.

oh that rip off of step brothers? That's like The Jake being called Progressive field. The real ones know it's still The Jake.

Also, Tim this does sound like a good time. I'll keep an eye on this. 

Edited by TimTheAzn

I’d come out for Saturday. Wouldn’t camp but I’d be down for a ride and evening activities. But the only weekend I have free in July is the 13th. 

5-7 is Vintage days at Mid O

26-28 is Indy 200 at Mid O

Sounds good! I could help out if you need it, since I am so close. I could lead a ride as that is my home track area.

Edited by Howabusa

Interested...

Ride and wrench weekends are fun stuff!

I have a tent and a camping french press coffee maker. 

8 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Will we have a Porta Potty or are all (60) attendees dumping up in the master on-suite bathroom inside the castle?

As long as you don't rummage through my undies drawer your welcome shit on my throne. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Im now thinking either July 12-14 or 19-21(21st is my birthday). Seen todds post. Any other date conflicts?

On 4/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, 2talltim said:

As long as you don't rummage through my undies drawer your welcome shit on my throne. 

Does your wife know about this arrangement? I hope she has her own throne. 

(photo removed)

Edited by 2talltim

I see you have visited one of our wonderful state parks. 

Edited by 2talltim

On 4/15/2019 at 5:26 PM, 2talltim said:

Im now thinking either July 12-14 or 19-21(21st is my birthday). Seen todds post. Any other date conflicts?

I could do either one of those.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, Lawrence1 said:

Does your wife know about this arrangement? I hope she has her own throne. 

(photo removed)

Sorry had to remove the photo. I literally about made me sick and really didn't want to see it every time I opened this thread. 

BUT IT WAS FUNNY AS HELL!

But to answer your question shes more than fine with it. I have one of the coolest wiminz ever. 

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 1