Bike naming etiquette.

Tonik

When a bike is sold within the OR community it retains its original name, period. Case in point is Dan's Blue. Tim honored that name and retained it, and passed it on to the next owner. Failure to follow this convention may result in a 3 day ban. And I actually know how to ban a fellow mod. The other thing to consider is do you really want to be less honorable than a cheap Asian man whore? 

You have been warned.

Edited by Tonik
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tpoppa said:

I refuse to assign names to anything that can't respond to that name.  That goes for motorcycles, cats...some kids.

My cats have always responded to their names, and many other words. Maybe yours just don't give a shit about what you have to say?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Tonik said:

My cats have always responded to their names, and many other words. Maybe yours just don't give a shit about what you have to say?

Oh, and I hate cats, and will never own one.

But, 90% sure I ate cat once from a Chinese carry out place on W 25th in Cleveland.   Not terrible, but it definitely wasn't the sweet and sour pork I ordered.

2 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

You haven't met the right one! 

If I had to choose between a dog or cat, I'm a dog person. But I can appreciate a cool ass cat. :dunno:

I can't get past the whole keeping a box of cat waste in the house.   Even worse, the cat walks in said box, and seconds later walks on your counter.  That's where food get's made.  Hell no.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I can't get past the whole keeping a box of cat waste in the house.   Even worse, the cat walks in said box, and seconds later walks on your counter.  That's where food get's made.  Hell no.

Yea I hate that part too. I like that they are on average less dependent than a dog though. Helps with the thought of having to leave an animal at home when I go to work.

My cats (Mouse and Hesher) onced lived happily as inside cats that went outside whenever they pleased. Then, Mouse decided he didn't want to use the litter box and began shitting on the floor in the basement. He and his counterpart are now permanent outside cats. Life is better with outside cats. 

He also likes being close to the garage. He feels safer knowing there is a giant Kawasaurus Rex inside to keep him safe. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

My cats (Mouse and Hesher) onced lived happily as inside cats that went outside whenever they pleased. Then, Mouse decided he didn't want to use the litter box and began shitting on the floor in the basement. He and his counterpart are now permanent outside cats. Life is better with outside cats. 

He also likes being close to the garage. He feels safer knowing there is a giant Kawasaurus Rex inside to keep him safe. 

Forgot to add one likes climbing trees but doesnt like climbing down. And one of your asshole friends suggested to try and use a hose to get him down which caused him to go higher.

• Beer 1

Took the Whaleasaurus out for a few miles in the valley. Getting used to the weight and relaxed ergos was comical. My muscle memory kept my legs reaching behind the seat to shift, but most everything else fell into place relatively quickly. I am in love with cruise control and the stereo is also quite a nice feature. I like this bike way more than I thought I would.

When the hell did I get so old? 

Screenshot_20190411-161755_Gallery.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

Took the Whaleasaurus out for a few miles in the valley. Getting used to the weight and relaxed ergos was comical. My muscle memory kept my legs reaching behind the seat to shift, but most everything else fell into place relatively quickly. I am in love with cruise control and the stereo is also quite a nice feature. I like this bike way more than I thought I would.

When the hell did I get so old? 

Screenshot_20190411-161755_Gallery.jpg

I am pretty sure that asked you in another thread if you bought the white whale. You asked what I was talking about? what the fuck? I hate hipsters!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

Sorry, Kent. This bike has made me grumpy and mean. I can't explain it. It just has this weird vibe like it used to be ridden by a fucking dickhead and his negative energy is still exuding hate from the grips. I hope it wears off soon. 

Embrace the hate my son, welcome to the Dark Side.

• Upvote 1