I'm baaaaaaakkkkk!

Tonik

10 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

You better schlep this road sofa to my place Saturday or I'll come talk to ya. Fucker wont fit in the drive way tho, you'll have to park in the street.

Already told you I ain't coming because you abandoned the traditional name and came up with something stupid to replace it.

Tonight I tidied up the electrical for the trunk light and put the trunk back together. Learned something that should make @TimTheAzn happy. Not only is his seat heated but so is his backrest.

Put a wider recurve windshield on. I can't keep up with the Fed Ex guy, he is bringing more stuff tomorrow and I still have the handlebar risers sitting here.

IMG_20190425_190142.jpg

Well, left work at noon so I could get the risers on before the Fed ex guy showed up with more stuff. He was already here.

Risers are on, love them. I am back further in the seat, shoulders relaxed and wrists perfectly straight.

Also got the rear fender fillers in. There is a gap between the fender and the bags. All kinds of dirt was hitting the bags. That issue is fixed.

Don't like the "tank" bibs I bought. Those are going back. Tech Spec makes some really nice ones I just found that I am going to get.

62-2028-ss_2.png

Edited by Tonik

15 hours ago, Tonik said:

Well, left work at noon so I could get the risers on before the Fed ex guy showed up with more stuff. He was already here.

Risers are on, love them. I am back further in the seat, shoulders relaxed and wrists perfectly straight.

Also got the rear fender fillers in. There is a gap between the fender and the bags. All kinds of dirt was hitting the bags. That issue is fixed.

Don't like the "tank" bibs I bought. Those are going back. Tech Spec makes some really nice ones I just found that I am going to get.

62-2028-ss_2.png

So you had the GW painted white, I liked the blue color better!

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 4:40 PM, Tonik said:

No I am not. Left last June to go to work for my kid. He threw some serious money at me, and a way cooler job. Office is in Stow.

What a wonderful opportunity working with your son. I worked with my dad for ten years and really miss those times.

Are you going to Traxxion Dynamics the new bike?

1 hour ago, Uncle Punk said:

Are you going to Traxxion Dynamics the new bike?

I doubt it, I am not finding anything lacking in the suspension. The suspension on this is so much more advanced than that on The Whale I can't imagine wanting any more. I have only really hammered it once though up 147. It was amazing, went around corners like a sport bike. No walk, our movement it just glided around it.

I am of the opinion that Traxxion is fixing something that isn't broke.

I don't know about the new bike but I am friends with an ex AMA racer that was an authorized installer in Iowa whose opinion I trust and respect. He swears that it was life changing for the old 1800. They even kept a demo bike on hand to allow test rides because the product sold itself.

You should try getting to the shop in Georgia when you are down at the gap to see if your opinion is correct for this new bike.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

You should try getting to the shop in Georgia when you are down at the gap to see if your opinion is correct for this new bike.

Good advice, tyvm.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Fog lights installed, and learned I have a full on alternator. 

IMG_20190518_160655.thumb.jpg.08e4ad90b5e761d8c13a2ece6b4bba9d.jpg

IMG_20190518_160417.jpg

Pretty much all bikes have an alternator, it just not easily visible. Exception is the 1st gen gsxr, the katana and the bandit. Big ole alternator right behind the cylinder bank. 

• 1 month later...