I'm baaaaaaakkkkk!

Tonik

Dug into the Nav and Bluetooth last night and tonight. Got the Sena paired to the bike and my phone paired to the bike. Phone is fully functional from the bike, music control and calls. Contact book is on the screen on the bike. Will be calling @NinjaDoc from the road Thursday.

Nav on the bike is great, it accepts my system for making routes on the computer and transferring them over. Nav has something to say it lowers the music. It's all damn near perfect.

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

Well, I found the first thing I really don't like. The self canceling turn signals blow dead goats. They have a mind of their own and sometimes just turn off. Or they turn off WAY too soon. Apparently this is the third generation of Wings with that issue.

Gonna have to rough it and do it myself.

It's separate from the ecu, part of another computer on the bike. 1 of 10. Someone is looking at it but not hopeful.

It's complicated, it is more than a timer. It is trying to figure out what you are doing based on speed, acel or decel and lean. It is failing miserably.

I have a feeling you are probably riding the bike a little different than most.  Their default settings for lean angle etc are probably set for a true touring ride. 

On 4/16/2019 at 5:24 PM, Tonik said:

Dug into the Nav and Bluetooth last night and tonight. Got the Sena paired to the bike and my phone paired to the bike. Phone is fully functional from the bike, music control and calls. Contact book is on the screen on the bike. Will be calling @NinjaDoc from the road Thursday.

Nav on the bike is great, it accepts my system for making routes on the computer and transferring them over. Nav has something to say it lowers the music. It's all damn near perfect.

Have they put Android Auto on these yet?  BTW, that is a great looking bike! 

Another Honda with something odd going on in the electrics..... Doesn't surprise me.... Nice bike, hopefully you don't have any long term issues with it. Honda doesn't seem very competent with wiring and electronics. I'd love to own one some day, but I'm not sure I'll ever be confident enough to buy another Honda. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Punk said:

Way to make the rest of us old guys jealous, that thing is beautiful.

I bought my bike from Sills too. Working with Pam was a great experience.

Are you no longer working local to me? 

No I am not. Left last June to go to work for my kid. He threw some serious money at me, and a way cooler job. Office is in Stow.

3 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Another Honda with something odd going on in the electrics..... Doesn't surprise me.... Nice bike, hopefully you don't have any long term issues with it. Honda doesn't seem very competent with wiring and electronics. I'd love to own one some day, but I'm not sure I'll ever be confident enough to buy another Honda. 

The sad part is, I think it is working exactly as they want it to.

So today I got to try the hill start assist a few times. You stop and are on an uphill you partially release the brake and then squeeze it hard and that activates the system. When it's time to go you fully release the brake and the bike keeps the brakes on until it feels you applying power to the rear wheel and then it automatically releases the brakes for you.

Super smooth and natural take off.

I have to check the manual again, I bet this thing gives handies.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

If f6b had a Reverse gear and hillstop I would have tried that bike long ago. 

They make a very nice trunk removal kit for the Wing. I think we found your next bike. :lol:

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

They make a very nice trunk removal kit for the Wing. I think we found your next bike. :lol:

Nah, this was when f6b came out first. They took away the reverse. As of now no more bikes. Some times I wonder why even this bike seeing the crappy weather and the humongous effort I have to take to get a semi decent ride.