Who has a Speed Triple?

MidgetTodd

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Speed triple it is :D

No sir. I took what you said and giving a Street a try. You did good job keeping us in sight on yours so I’m going see what it’ll do. If I don’t adjust to it I’m not going to be out anything reselling and getting a Speed. 

The seller caved to my offer

Congrats on the Street Triple. I think you'll like it. Sorry I missed your question directed to me before about Speed vs. Street, but everyone else answered it the same way I would have and I think you probably ended up in the right spot, and as you say, you can resell it if you don't gel with it.

I love the 675s and the new 765 is basically the same experience but with more torque, so a bit closer to the Speed Triple. Now that the 765 is out, I really don't see much reason to buy a Speed Triple today, unless you just really want the physically larger (heavier) bike and the bit of added torque, and that's coming from someone who has owned a Speed Triple for 21 years and will keep it til it dies.

This will sound petty, but the most annoying thing about the 2018 Speed Triple RS I rode was the stupid fob and starting procedure. It takes five minutes for someone to explain how to start the damn bike the first time you do it. Seriously. It is the worst example I know of needless complication in a motorcycle for no good reason at all.