Hello everyone

DanLovesToSail

Hello, my name is Dan. I started riding bikes a while back in Toledo when I was still in school, and have since moved to the Cleveland area. I started with a Suzuki Volusia that I still have but now mostly ride the newer (to me) Suzuki Bandit. Can’t wait for it to warm up a bit more to be able to get out and ride again. 

Welcome to the shitshow @DanLovesToSail. Which bandit did you get, 600? 1200? 1250? If you dont mind heading 45 min or so south I'm hosting my 5th annual meat and greet at my home in massillon. There's a thread in the events forum called 'the fucking Catalina wine mixer'. Hope to see you if you can make it. 

That being said, this is a great group of guys and gals, I've been a member for I think 7-ish years and I've made a lot of friends through this forum. Its biased towards sport/sport touring but there are all kinds here; track day bros, cruisers, dirt riders etc. If you're not a complete douche and have somewhat thick skin you will find yourself at home here amongst the rest of us dipshits. 

Post pics of your bike....and dog...if you dont have a dog I can set you up. 

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

New rule. Sam isn't allowed to greet the new people first. :lol:

Sorry Paul, was trying to give him hope before he figures out we're all a bunch of miserable dicks. I will try to manage my mental illness better next time. 

• Beer 3

17 minutes ago, DanLovesToSail said:

Thanks for the welcome, I might be able to come out on the 27th. It’s a Bandit 1250, and as requested here’s a photo of the currently unnamed bike and the dog, his name is Fang. 

7F6543DD-74CE-4FD7-97CD-707CDEF9F5D5.jpeg

4F18078E-435F-4977-9A40-C3624652804B.jpeg

You live in a castle? 

1 hour ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Sorry Paul, was trying to give him hope before he figures out we're all a bunch of miserable dicks. I will try to manage my mental illness better next time. 

You don't owe me an explanation. I am just giving you a hard time for making me sick. 

You and the FNG can hold hands and discuss "just bandit things" at the shindig. Don't worry.. I will manage the stereo. 

• Haha 1

@DanLovesToSail I had an 03 bandit 1200 for 5 years, bought it stock and modified it heavily.  Sold it last year after buying my current bike, but I'm very curious about the new efi bandit. Would love to meet up and ride, maybe swap bikes for a few miles? 

@Gixxus Christ! I looked at some of the first gen bandits but frankly wanted something with efi to hopefully spend less time messing around with carbs. The reviews are pretty spot on for this bike, the instant low end torque is pretty exciting and the mid range is good, but there's definitely no high end rush by. Holeshot makes a tuner though that seems to really improve on that, so that with an exhaust and a lower profile windshield are first on my to-do list with this bike. We'll have to see when we can meet up, or when we both go to one of these events

27 minutes ago, DanLovesToSail said:

@Gixxus Christ! I looked at some of the first gen bandits but frankly wanted something with efi to hopefully spend less time messing around with carbs. The reviews are pretty spot on for this bike, the instant low end torque is pretty exciting and the mid range is good, but there's definitely no high end rush by. Holeshot makes a tuner though that seems to really improve on that, so that with an exhaust and a lower profile windshield are first on my to-do list with this bike. We'll have to see when we can meet up, or when we both go to one of these events

Sounds like my old b12 before I went full retard on it, little top end rush from 7.5k up but nothing to giggle about. I put in a set of gsxr cams, jetted and tuned the carbs, oval k&n filters, timing advance, yoshimura exhaust, busa shock, race tech valve kit and sonic springs in the forks...bunch of other shit. You couldn't give it the beans in first gear, it would just stand up. Floated the front wheel pretty much all the way through 2nd. Fun bike but I wanted something modern so I bought a gsxs1000f last may and it is a kick directly in the ass. 

That sounds pretty excellent, I'm looking forward to see one this one can do once I really get in to it. One step at a time though. My buddy got himself a gsx-1000 that he let me put a few miles on last summer, I really liked riding it although I thought the suspension was a little hard and the position was a little too aggressive for the longer types of trips I'm planning on doing on this bandit. Although he didnt seem to have any issues on a multi-day ride we did, so maybe that was just me being a baby and I would've gotten used to it.

3 hours ago, DanLovesToSail said:

That sounds pretty excellent, I'm looking forward to see one this one can do once I really get in to it. One step at a time though. My buddy got himself a gsx-1000 that he let me put a few miles on last summer, I really liked riding it although I thought the suspension was a little hard and the position was a little too aggressive for the longer types of trips I'm planning on doing on this bandit. Although he didnt seem to have any issues on a multi-day ride we did, so maybe that was just me being a baby and I would've gotten used to it.

The ergos of the gsxs1000 are only slightly sportier than the b12. Maybe he set his suspension up for him, is he heavier than you? I havent attempted any touring on mine, but I've put in some 3 and 4 hundred mile days and it does get uncomfortable, hoping the saddelman seat I bought over the winter will mitigate that, but i didnt buy this bike for touring. It's for commuting, the track and doing hoodrat shit. 

• 2 months later...