NinjaDoc

Random motorcycle thoughts and talk

22 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Weather is a big factor. Also lodging may be a factor for you. Two of us from "AIO" have advance reservation in the town of Williamson, WV. this is about 15 min from the Pig event. There are two Moto events taking place in that area "Dirt Day's" in Williamson and "Stolen Pig" in Matwan / McCarr. These are annual events that draw LARGE groups of off road types. Have you ridden Hatfield-McCoy area?  Our Saturday Route and this off-asphalt area in general can be quite challenging for large ADV bikes at times so bring aggressive tires and your big boy pants if you decide to come down. We are tentatively scheduled to meet Saturday morning at the Haunted McCoy Manor in the event town of McCarr. We are scheduled to ride some parts of Main 4 KAT with the Hard 9 section if it's dry. Think about it. It's always nice to have additional riders. B.

Been pondering this for a bit. Have bike open for repair on something, can't close it up till the aussie tech support guy calls. Will know more soon.

Any one been on 555 recently? Does any section have New pavement? 

4 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I am scheduled on Monday 04/29/19 to ride 555 from North to South. Starting at 555/37 A&B Carry out Gas Station down to 555/SR7 Little Hocking and then ride back home thru Amesville, Glouster and New Straitsville. I will most likely have video.

• Upvote 2

I rode it from Zanesville to St Rt 7... No new pavement, still a fun road tho!

• Upvote 1

I think im ready to take my moto touring to the next level. For me anyway. I feel I've become the master of the preplanning, over preparing and massive amounts of thought and plotting type of trips. The last few year have been epic in what me, @Danimal, @JustinNck1, @Connie14 and a few other have seen and experienced on the advebture I've planned out. Think I want to start doing more impromptu type trips. The type of trip Dan has been doing where he just points his bike in a direction and goes. Or at least trips where you plan on getting somewhere on the first day then that evening figure out where you want to go on the next day. I'll have to dabble with it this year on some weekend wandering. Then maybe next year take another 2 week trip and head back out west with no real plan in mind other than I'd like to see the Pacific while sitting on my bike.

• Like 2
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

In for shenanigans 

59 minutes ago, max power said:

In for shenanigans 

I kind of want some shenanigans also...

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2019 at 8:48 AM, NinjaDoc said:

Road 555 from 37/555 to the bottom rt7.

The best section is Chester hill to the 676 Watertown turn.

The rest has the repair patch work and asphalt wash outs. Not much fun on sport bike but a big adv with more suspension can be fun.

It will keep your attention with all the hazards.  GFT (Good Fucking Training)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Typical week, bright and sunny and beautiful Monday to Friday: starts raining sat and sun when off 😡

At least once a year I have to remind myself why I don't like to do the local wing joints bike night. Last night was that night. The latest trends are the brothas and there big front wheeled Harleys with the obnoxiously blaring side bag stereos. And the younger crowd with their clapped our sport bikes with extended swing arms(even the 600s) and running NO exahust(strait  pipes) and start them up in the parking lot just to let everyone hear how low their IQs are. 

• Upvote 1

The Whale is such a fine motorcycle. You don't notice exactly how nice it is until it is loaded with two people and cruising.

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

The Whale is such a fine motorcycle. You don't notice exactly how nice it is until it is loaded with two people and cruising.

Been two up(ing) on the Connie quite a bit lately. Never thought it was possible but I love that bike even more now. 

2 hours ago, 2talltim said:

Been two up(ing) on the Connie quite a bit lately. Never thought it was possible but I love that bike even more now. 

Solo, it absolutely blows. 

• Haha 1

I got my grass mowed today. Thinking about leaving Sunday for a 3 day trip. My plan is to run over and ride WV 16. Probably stay somewhere around Beckley Sunday night. Monday ride the Back of the Dragon.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2019 at 7:29 PM, Howabusa said:

I got my grass mowed today. Thinking about leaving Sunday for a 3 day trip. My plan is to run over and ride WV 16. Probably stay somewhere around Beckley Sunday night. Monday ride the Back of the Dragon.

I ended up not leaving today, avoiding the bad weather. Leaving in the morning. I may end up staying gone for 4 or 5 days or until my rear tire is used up.

• Like 1

Yesterday Was the first ride on the new bike since I had it all these days all I did was just putz  around local twisty 100-200 miles a best. today was the first day of 450+ mile day, I was waiting to do such a ride and to ensure I was good enough to take the long way to gap and back, still capable of technical unknown roads and ride it with ease and not “mental blocks”. I finally am getting the hang of this bike, the little missing point was just 20 mm risers just to put the elbows &  wrist at the sweet spot angle. I am ready for gap trip :D 

the trick of being “non committed “ and fooling myself is helping as well, as in I just don’t think I can make it to the ride, I tell others I probably won’t make it,  and just go to sleep thinking don’t have to wake up to ride. And in fact ended up getting some sleep. Yesterday rode whole day without 5hr energy drink. Can’t remember when was the last time I went on a ride with at least 4hr sleep prior night lol

now all it needs is weather to be ready for next week. 7 days to gooooooooooo

• Upvote 1

was on a bike trail behind a shopping center and saw a motorcycle doing laps on a curvy road that used to be a dead end and still isn't on google maps.

7 hours ago, motocat12 said:

was on a bike trail behind a shopping center and saw a motorcycle doing laps on a curvy road that used to be a dead end and still isn't on google maps.

Can't beat free track time! Is this in some sort of abandoned residential area?

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Can't beat free track time! Is this in some sort of abandoned residential area?

I think it's a new development going in the way the density is filling in around. it was past dusk and I planned to check it on maps but i'll have to go in the daytime.

image.thumb.png.22ba25147487d2de513147de510d0836.png

😡 summer, peak riding season they said. 

A46A680A-12A0-4E3C-8296-CA555BD87488.png