Random motorcycle thoughts and talk

NinjaDoc

On 4/28/2019 at 8:48 AM, NinjaDoc said:

Any one been on 555 recently? Does any section have New pavement? 

Road 555 from 37/555 to the bottom rt7.

The best section is Chester hill to the 676 Watertown turn.

The rest has the repair patch work and asphalt wash outs. Not much fun on sport bike but a big adv with more suspension can be fun.

It will keep your attention with all the hazards.  GFT (Good Fucking Training)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

At least once a year I have to remind myself why I don't like to do the local wing joints bike night. Last night was that night. The latest trends are the brothas and there big front wheeled Harleys with the obnoxiously blaring side bag stereos. And the younger crowd with their clapped our sport bikes with extended swing arms(even the 600s) and running NO exahust(strait  pipes) and start them up in the parking lot just to let everyone hear how low their IQs are. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

The Whale is such a fine motorcycle. You don't notice exactly how nice it is until it is loaded with two people and cruising.

Been two up(ing) on the Connie quite a bit lately. Never thought it was possible but I love that bike even more now. 

I got my grass mowed today. Thinking about leaving Sunday for a 3 day trip. My plan is to run over and ride WV 16. Probably stay somewhere around Beckley Sunday night. Monday ride the Back of the Dragon.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2019 at 7:29 PM, Howabusa said:

I got my grass mowed today. Thinking about leaving Sunday for a 3 day trip. My plan is to run over and ride WV 16. Probably stay somewhere around Beckley Sunday night. Monday ride the Back of the Dragon.

I ended up not leaving today, avoiding the bad weather. Leaving in the morning. I may end up staying gone for 4 or 5 days or until my rear tire is used up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday Was the first ride on the new bike since I had it all these days all I did was just putz  around local twisty 100-200 miles a best. today was the first day of 450+ mile day, I was waiting to do such a ride and to ensure I was good enough to take the long way to gap and back, still capable of technical unknown roads and ride it with ease and not “mental blocks”. I finally am getting the hang of this bike, the little missing point was just 20 mm risers just to put the elbows &  wrist at the sweet spot angle. I am ready for gap trip :D 

the trick of being “non committed “ and fooling myself is helping as well, as in I just don’t think I can make it to the ride, I tell others I probably won’t make it,  and just go to sleep thinking don’t have to wake up to ride. And in fact ended up getting some sleep. Yesterday rode whole day without 5hr energy drink. Can’t remember when was the last time I went on a ride with at least 4hr sleep prior night lol

now all it needs is weather to be ready for next week. 7 days to gooooooooooo

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, motocat12 said:

was on a bike trail behind a shopping center and saw a motorcycle doing laps on a curvy road that used to be a dead end and still isn't on google maps.

Can't beat free track time! Is this in some sort of abandoned residential area?

1 hour ago, SpecialEd said:

Can't beat free track time! Is this in some sort of abandoned residential area?

I think it's a new development going in the way the density is filling in around. it was past dusk and I planned to check it on maps but i'll have to go in the daytime.

image.thumb.png.22ba25147487d2de513147de510d0836.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...