Random motorcycle thoughts and talk

NinjaDoc

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

What a beautiful day to ride, of course I am working :( hope some of you guys got to get out today. 

Got a chance to enjoy a nice curvy asphalt Z1K ride with the wife & Spyder out to "Boondocks BBQ" in McConnelsville and back home in Hocking Hills. Weather was great and the spring vews into the wood line with the lite green color starting to bud out was  just right. Still have to watch for the winter gravel in corners but the best part was that "Max Power" and his wife "Mid Range" were test riding my Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom the entire day and seemed to enjoy a well sorted bike on a mixture of roads. 100 mile lunch ride.

78, 555, 669, 216, 595, all in great shape

Edited by B-Mac
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

We have had 2 weekends in a row that would have been great for riding. It’s just you were busy. I have the same problem. I was stuck inside a gym the past 2 weekends. I’m guessing you were working. I’m hoping Monday holds up. I have the day off. 

26 minutes ago, durk said:

We have had 2 weekends in a row that would have been great for riding. It’s just you were busy. I have the same problem. I was stuck inside a gym the past 2 weekends. I’m guessing you were working. I’m hoping Monday holds up. I have the day off. 

How’s this coming Wednesday? I am hoping to finish work early and jump out. 

35 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

How’s this coming Wednesday? I am hoping to finish work early and jump out. 

Not good for me. Give it a couple months and I can meet up with you for weekday shenanigans. 

@durk looks like Monday might clear out to be an outstanding day.  I am guessing you be out riding? If I start early 5 or so I can finish by noon and tread back and meet you on your way back. Just let me know your return route. 

On 4/15/2019 at 1:20 PM, durk said:

Monday at Midohio??

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

@durk looks like Monday might clear out to be an outstanding day.  I am guessing you be out riding? If I start early 5 or so I can finish by noon and tread back and meet you on your way back. Just let me know your return route. 

If the weather  is good I’ll definitely be out. I’ll let you know my route. I’m waiting to see how early in the morning I’ll be able to leave based on temps.

I am heading down on the V-Strom to the Hatfield/McCoy next weekend for the "Stolen Pig Rally" http://www.therealmccoytrails.com/stolen-pig-rally-april-2019.html

Sometimes that place gets soooo wet and muddy. I hope it's dry this time then I can bitch about the dust and bugs.

"Big Bike Boogie Time"

43717406390_a199daa4db.jpgCrane Technique by

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/19/2019 at 7:49 PM, B-Mac said:

I am heading down on the V-Strom to the Hatfield/McCoy next weekend for the "Stolen Pig Rally" http://www.therealmccoytrails.com/stolen-pig-rally-april-2019.html

Sometimes that place gets soooo wet and muddy. I hope it's dry this time then I can bitch about the dust and bugs.

"Big Bike Boogie Time"

43717406390_a199daa4db.jpgCrane Technique by

Damn, looks fun! Would you mind if I joined you? (Mildly weather dependent)

Weather is a big factor. Also lodging may be a factor for you. Two of us from "AIO" have advance reservation in the town of Williamson, WV. this is about 15 min from the Pig event. There are two Moto events taking place in that area "Dirt Day's" in Williamson and "Stolen Pig" in Matwan / McCarr. These are annual events that draw LARGE groups of off road types. Have you ridden Hatfield-McCoy area?  Our Saturday Route and this off-asphalt area in general can be quite challenging for large ADV bikes at times so bring aggressive tires and your big boy pants if you decide to come down. We are tentatively scheduled to meet Saturday morning at the Haunted McCoy Manor in the event town of McCarr. We are scheduled to ride some parts of Main 4 KAT with the Hard 9 section if it's dry. Think about it. It's always nice to have additional riders. B.

22 hours ago, B-Mac said:

Weather is a big factor. Also lodging may be a factor for you. Two of us from "AIO" have advance reservation in the town of Williamson, WV. this is about 15 min from the Pig event. There are two Moto events taking place in that area "Dirt Day's" in Williamson and "Stolen Pig" in Matwan / McCarr. These are annual events that draw LARGE groups of off road types. Have you ridden Hatfield-McCoy area?  Our Saturday Route and this off-asphalt area in general can be quite challenging for large ADV bikes at times so bring aggressive tires and your big boy pants if you decide to come down. We are tentatively scheduled to meet Saturday morning at the Haunted McCoy Manor in the event town of McCarr. We are scheduled to ride some parts of Main 4 KAT with the Hard 9 section if it's dry. Think about it. It's always nice to have additional riders. B.

Been pondering this for a bit. Have bike open for repair on something, can't close it up till the aussie tech support guy calls. Will know more soon.

4 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Any one been on 555 recently? Does any section have New pavement? 

I am scheduled on Monday 04/29/19 to ride 555 from North to South. Starting at 555/37 A&B Carry out Gas Station down to 555/SR7 Little Hocking and then ride back home thru Amesville, Glouster and New Straitsville. I will most likely have video.

• Upvote 2

I think im ready to take my moto touring to the next level. For me anyway. I feel I've become the master of the preplanning, over preparing and massive amounts of thought and plotting type of trips. The last few year have been epic in what me, @Danimal, @JustinNck1, @Connie14 and a few other have seen and experienced on the advebture I've planned out. Think I want to start doing more impromptu type trips. The type of trip Dan has been doing where he just points his bike in a direction and goes. Or at least trips where you plan on getting somewhere on the first day then that evening figure out where you want to go on the next day. I'll have to dabble with it this year on some weekend wandering. Then maybe next year take another 2 week trip and head back out west with no real plan in mind other than I'd like to see the Pacific while sitting on my bike.

• Like 2
  • Beer 1
  • Upvote 1