Noon, Bolivar, Relaxed pace ride... probably

Pauly

Time to see if I still know how to ride a motorcycle. I will be at the Bolivar DQ around noon. If you want to ride today, shoot me a PM. 

Route is open. Pace is subject to my comfort level and temperature. I don't care what you ride, but show up in proper safety gear and leave your ego at the house. Jeans, jacket, gloves and helmet would be on the lower end of proper safety gear, in case you were wondering. 

20190323_161425.jpg

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Time to see if I still know how to ride a motorcycle. I will be at the Bolivar DQ around noon. If you want to ride today, shoot me a PM. 

Route is open. Pace is subject to my comfort level and temperature. I don't care what you ride, but show up in proper safety gear and leave your ego at the house. Jeans, jacket, gloves and helmet would be on the lower end of proper safety gear, in case you were wondering. 

20190323_161425.jpg

Very nice FZ6... such an underrated bike.

• Beer 1

I am really happy that I turned into a mini Jerry with ocd in cleaning, keeping tools arranged and packed and taking extra steps like cleaning out non accessible areas and anti rust spraying stuff when doing random job like installing exhaust. Double checking torque values, having a garage stool and sitting there reading actual instruction before doing stuff :) 

.....,,but this is not the same..... I feel sorry for you Paul, be like Paul don’t become Jim 🤣  .... ever 

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

I don't care what you ride, but show up in proper safety gear and leave your ego at the house. Jeans, jacket, gloves and helmet would be on the lower end of proper safety gear, in case you were wondering. 

Sounds like the old CORE speech.

12 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

Sounds like the old CORE speech.

Websites may die, but ideals live forever. Looking forward to seeing you soon, Tony.

Ok, my clutch and brake levers, shift lever and rear brake are adequately adjusted. The handlebar is going in the trash asap. Absolutely wretched little thing..and bar weights are being upgraded. 

Tire pressure is a bit low, so I am off to find a free air pump... but so far, so good. She's a nice little machine. 

• Upvote 4

The bike performed well enough, but I think Yamaha forgot to install suspension. I will have to remedy that if I plan to do any heavily spirited riding on Ohio's shitty roads. It will zoom to 120 mph and down to 60 with no real trouble, so the engine and brakes were installed correctly. So, I have that going for me...which is nice. 

Just at 225 miles for the day. Not bad for 4 hours. I think I will keep it. 

20190324_144111.jpg

20190324_144201.jpg

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, Pauly said:

The handlebar is going in the trash asap. 

I sat on a FZ 06 at the motorcycle show in '04 or whatever year it was released.

I remember thinking that it made a of sense as a light tourer, or corner carver...but what a weird fucking handlebar angle.

Easily solved by Renthal.

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

The bike performed well enough, but I think Yamaha forgot to install suspension. I will have to remedy that if I plan to do any heavily spirited riding on Ohio's shitty roads. It will zoom to 120 mph and down to 60 with no real trouble, so the engine and brakes were installed correctly. So, I have that going for me...which is nice. 

Traxxion AK20’s up front and a Penske rear will do the trick. I believe the fork is KYB 43mm unit, which should make it easy to find rebound/pre-load adjustable caps. They may be able to add compression adjustment, but not sure of the financial commitment.

17 hours ago, Pauly said:

20190324_144111.jpg

20190324_144201.jpg

Extra points for the caddy shack reference.

17 hours ago, whaler said:

Traxxion AK20’s up front and a Penske rear will do the trick. I believe the fork is KYB 43mm unit, which should make it easy to find rebound/pre-load adjustable caps. They may be able to add compression adjustment, but not sure of the financial commitment.

I appreciate the information, Brian. I will look into an upgrade over the winter. Too many things to deal with at the present time. Just shelled out $3500 for this bike, tossed another $3000 into a car for Isaac and he is looking for a motorcycle, as well. He just passed his MSF class this weekend. So, any leads on a clean and cheap baby Ninja would be swell. 

I also have another trick up my sleeve for the season and I need to watch my spending. 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F113694813715

dont know if this year R6 fits/ suspension and brake upgrade in one? But this is a slippery slope of upgrade game 

Not interested in any frankenbike scenarios. I want a new shock and cartridges for the stock fork legs. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I appreciate the information, Brian. I will look into an upgrade over the winter. Too many things to deal with at the present time. Just shelled out $3500 for this bike, tossed another $3000 into a car for Isaac and he is looking for a motorcycle, as well. He just passed his MSF class this weekend. So, any leads on a clean and cheap baby Ninja would be swell. 

I also have another trick up my sleeve for the season and I need to watch my spending. 

Not interested in any frankenbike scenarios. I want a new shock and cartridges for the stock fork legs. 

Ninja now not cbr?