2005 Yamaha FZ1 for sale

29000 Miles

Perfect condition

Ivans Jet Kit

Sacks triple clicker rear shock (S1000RR) with 625 kg/mm spring

Traxion AK20’s and 1.1 kg/mm springs up front

Yoshimura Slip-On exhaust

Dunlop RS2 tires have 3000 miles, and comes with new matching rear

Comes with all receipts for maintenance and aftermarket parts. OEM service manual and complete maintenance records.

Bike was originally purchased 2008 as new leftover at Mid-Ohio Motorsports in Mount Vernon, OH. I am second owner and purchased in summer of 2012 with 3k miles.

All OEM parts come with the bike

Pictures are current 

$3000 is OR price (asking $3500 on CL)

Ask if you have questions

75C54AC7-734B-4B5B-B826-9EB98C6988BD.jpeg

CEE75542-E099-48ED-B9CF-C3E81C7023BD.jpeg

7B9663DE-116A-406C-8224-2B6B6927F6C3.jpeg

42B564EB-3BEA-44C0-8B2F-D0A51AE60DBD.jpeg

D3B84096-9692-4A1D-A34E-7A40D0E8DA60.jpeg

57D278F4-3313-4A2B-B7C9-ED1658CF801E.jpeg

A79422BB-9194-4C80-A5F3-555EF20F923F.jpeg

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Still looks new

Thanks 

How are you getting along with the Tracer GT (FJ09)? FJR is more than likely in my future, but I have not ruled out the Tracer/FJ with bags. The light weight alone makes it appealing.

8 hours ago, whaler said:

Thanks 

How are you getting along with the Tracer GT (FJ09)? FJR is more than likely in my future, but I have not ruled out the Tracer/FJ with bags. The light weight alone makes it appealing.

If your more into solo riding and weekend bash over long trips, and mainly sticking to back roads than crossing highways i would seriously consider the GT over the fJR. I haven’t had a proper ride in yet. Only short flings around. Will let you know by next weekend when I likely will be able to get a good run in. 

28 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I will trade you a minty-fresh FZ6.

Will the fz6 be too much for issac? May be change sprocket or something to tone down initial pull etc / And you get this beauty ?  

11 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Will the fz6 be too much for issac? May be change sprocket or something to tone down initial pull etc / And you get this beauty ?  

No he wanted to trade the fz6 for the fz1.

Paul wont let Issac on a 600 yet. 

1 minute ago, TimTheAzn said:

No he wanted to trade the fz6 for the fz1.

Paul wont let Issac on a 600 yet. 

I agree the 600 out of the gate is asking for trouble. My son rode the baby Ninja for a season and got acclimated to riding. The 250 did become slow quickly. After a year he moved to a 600 and has been good, although it still worries me every time he throws a leg over the bike. We have all been doing this for years and know how quickly shit can go pear shaped.

Back to the FZ1... they just don’t get a lot of love, even though it may be one of the best all around motorcycles ever made. It’s comfortable, fast, handles as good as anything, and maybe most importantly... you get liter bike engine and power for Nighthawk 750 insurance rates. What’s not to love?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, whaler said:

I agree the 600 out of the gate is asking for trouble. My son rode the baby Ninja for a season and got acclimated to riding. The 250 did become slow quickly. After a year he moved to a 600 and has been good, although it still worries me every time he throws a leg over the bike. We have all been doing this for years and know how quickly shit can go pear shaped.

Back to the FZ1... they just don’t get a lot of love, even though it may be one of the best all around motorcycles ever made. It’s comfortable, fast, handles as good as anything, and maybe most importantly... you get liter bike engine and power for Nighthawk 750 insurance rates. What’s not to love?

You don't need to convince me about the abilities of the fz1. N2 uses them for coaching bikes. I've had them fly by me into the braking zone with their rear wheel kicked out, turn in, apex, on throttle for corner exit. Nothing I could've done :lol:

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Isaac isn't ready for a 600. He will be graduating into a 600 in a couple years, but it would be incredibly irresponsible of me to put him on one this season. I rode the FZ6 on Sunday and it is almost too fast for my riding style. 

"Clutch out...nothing, nothing, nothing (enter 9k rpm) JESUS CHRIST!! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!" 

Plus, so much shifting. Never-ending shifts all afternoon. I miss my Multistrada. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

Isaac isn't ready for a 600. He will be graduating into a 600 in a couple years, but it would be incredibly irresponsible of me to put him on one this season. I rode the FZ6 on Sunday and it is almost too fast for my riding style. 

"Clutch out...nothing, nothing, nothing (enter 9k rpm) JESUS CHRIST!! WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!" 

Plus, so much shifting. Never-ending shifts all afternoon. I miss my Multistrada. 

Shifting is fun....

And what is this 2013 kawasaurus ?

17 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Do not fuck up my deal, I know where you work.

I'm all for paul buying the whale. That way we can ride 2-up on the epic ride.

I switched jobs about a year and a half ago, which place are you thinking? Have been going through some security courses to prep me for OSCP. Have been playing around with my home network/ router/ firewall/ ip's and ports/ etc via putty and web interfaces.

Shit is actually pretty fun, I've had a few "ah hah!" moments already that felt pretty cool. I need to get a machine to put Kali on it next.

Edited by TimTheAzn

55 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I'm all for paul buying the whale. That way we can ride 2-up on the epic ride.

My wing will have heated seats for your slender Asian ass. You should consider that.

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

My wing will have heated seats for your slender Asian ass. You should consider that.

Is that an offer? I can feed you doughnuts while you ride if you still have a modular. :lol:

@Pauly the man has offered me a heated seat.... do you have a rebuttal? 

• Pauly locked this topic