Bicycle racing season

redkow97

I took 9th in a poorly attended fat tire race in February, but “regular” racing is coming soon!  I almost registered for the 3/23 mtb race in Chillacothe, but i’ll Be out of town. 

I am doing gravel races until the MTB trails solidify. 5/4 is the black fork gravel grinder. It’s really well organized, and if you don’t mind climbing, it’s a hell of a way to gauge early-season fitness. 

Haven’t looked much at MTB events yet, but will plan on racing at Vulture’s Knob, and maybe elsewhere around Ohio. 

I’d also like to buy a season license for CX this year. Anyone besides @jhawk going to come beat me?

Planning to ride the Funk Bottoms again this year. Might have to consider the Black Fork as a warm up. Looks like the same type of ride just a few miles shorter :D

However I don't really race, for me its more about finishing. Though I did finish the 100k Funk Bottoms last year before the first 200k finisher, just.

• Beer 1

Black Fork in May, Medina TT in July and a full season of CX this fall, debating 3/4 and SS classes. Trek CX race in Sept, Kings CX in Cinnci in Oct, and State CX in Nov are priority races. May add in some MTB over the summer, but just training and prepping for CX.

• 1 month later...

I saw both your times on Strava... Very impressive. I know based on last years Funk Bottoms experience over similar terrain I am much slower. 

Riding in NEO does not give you a good comparison to effort required for an event like BFGG or Funk.

I had a conflict for the BF but have signed up for Funk again, this time as single speed. Should be painful.

Thanks, you had a good day out too! My goal was 3:30, missed it by about 10 mins. Kinda bummed about that, but all in all my fitness is the best it's ever been and only improving! I'm off to a coaching seminar at the end of this month to get my Level 2 cert and ride some more gravel in PA. Should be fun! 

As for the rest of the season, doing some bikepacking this month, a road race here and there, and VK Grassroots series, and another gravel race just to be race ready for cross season!