Gloves

Gump

So what’s a good glove that’s not overly expensive. I have alpinestars size XXL and blew out the thumb at the wrist . They were always too tight in the lower thumb region. . 

Sounds like you have broad hands like I do.  If the fingers are the right length, they're too tight at the thumb.

I bought a pair of IXS RS 200 X gauntlet gloves at Iron Pony last spring and they fit my fat hands like I want them to.  I liked them so well I bought a second pair a month later.  They run really small - I think I bought 2X but they fit really nice.  Looks like IP still has them on clearance for $45.

https://www.ironpony.com/ipd/pi.asp/ImageName/RS200_GLV.JPG/Brand/IXS/c2/Riding-Gloves/c3/Street-Gloves-Mens/c1/Street-Products/KitKey2/RS-200-X-Gloves

4 hours ago, what said:

I really like my RST gloves. $70, have held up to all kinds of abuse and were really comfortable from the minute I put them on the first time. 

I love my RST Gloves as well.  Super well constructed, comfortable out of the box and have handled quite a few OMRL crashes. 

They are gauntlet gloves though so not sure if that's what you're looking for.  They were $70 through RD last year. 

Thank you. I’ll check all these out. Kinda tempted just to order the IP ones on clearance but Id rather find a local bike shop to try them on first. 

I have the Alpine Star GPX and like them, but they no longer make them, I believe they were replaced by the Alpine Star GP Air ($130). Nice features like touch tech for using a phone screen without taking off your gloves.    

• 2 weeks later...

a lot of alpinestar gloves blow out stitching.   theyre terrible gloves from what I've seen posted online.  save up for held gloves. once you put these on you will know why you spent the money.  it's too bad teknic went out of business.  they made really nice gloves.  I still use a pair from 2005. I have newer gloves but these just wont die. they're roo palms and the tactile feel with them is fantastic. 

Edited by serpentracer

• 3 months later...

https://m.banggood.com/Motorcycle-Full-Finger-Gloves-Touch-Screen-For-Dirt-Bike-Racing-Cycling-MAD-04-p-1158550.html?utm_design=41&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=Shipoutinform171129&utm_campaign=trigger-emarsys&utm_content=Winna&sc_src=email_2671705&sc_eh=e321d3ab0978daa31&sc_llid=12532128&sc_lid=104858042&sc_uid=u64ltvNFDv

well... I tried on many gloves. Left undecided. Bought the above for $12 figuring they might suck but could use the for the quad if so. They work, comfortable, and actually weather, wash well, and have protection in the right spots. Decent glove. Don’t let the price fool you. 

On 7/18/2019 at 1:17 AM, Gump said:

https://m.banggood.com/Motorcycle-Full-Finger-Gloves-Touch-Screen-For-Dirt-Bike-Racing-Cycling-MAD-04-p-1158550.html?utm_design=41&utm_source=emarsys&utm_medium=Shipoutinform171129&utm_campaign=trigger-emarsys&utm_content=Winna&sc_src=email_2671705&sc_eh=e321d3ab0978daa31&sc_llid=12532128&sc_lid=104858042&sc_uid=u64ltvNFDv

well... I tried on many gloves. Left undecided. Bought the above for $12 figuring they might suck but could use the for the quad if so. They work, comfortable, and actually weather, wash well, and have protection in the right spots. Decent glove. Don’t let the price fool you. 

Looks like they're not leather, but if they save your hands even once you've saved a bundle. Better than nothing.