Intro

st.ryder64

Hey, there.  I joined primarily to sell a bike, but after thinking about it, figured it was about time I reached out to find some local riding partners.  

I've been riding since the mid-90's, primarily Honda V4's.  My primary riding partners in crime have been the Sabre/Magna (SABMAG) internet group, but they've hit the point where they're not very active anymore.  During most of that time I lived in Pittsburgh, enjoying the proximity to good riding roads down in WV/MD.  The first decade of my riding career saw me averaging 12K-13K miles/year.  Now that I'm back in Cleveland, it's been difficult to get up the motivation to do much riding, so I'm hoping getting involved with a local group can help.  I've got way too many hobbies nowadays to go back to those mileage figures, but I'd certainly like to get out more than I am currently.

I do all my own maintenance and have a nicely equipped garage with lift, tire machine, compressor, fridge full of beer, etc.  I'm happy to help anyone who needs it.

I've owned a 2013 FJR1300 for the past couple years, but we've never bonded.  Last year I picked up a 2001 ST1100, since that was my last good experience, and I'm selling the FJR.  I just can't love an inline.  Hoping that getting back to a bike I once loved can rekindle my riding motivation!

• Upvote 1

Welcome to OR!

by the way, the current gentleman inquiring about your FJR is a board member and very motivated to buy... just an FYI

you have come to the right place for motorcycle minded people. We ride SE Ohio often starting out of Medina, you are always welcome to ride with!

• Like 1

Welcome to the OR!  As @whaler stated, I believe you are the gentlemen I spoke with this weekend regarding your 13 FJR.  You have definitely come to the right place to network with other riders.  Lots of good people here.  Unfortunately in Ohio you have to go south to get to some great roads.  Check out the site, there are always riding events posted somewhere.

Hey David. 

Welcome to the forum! Lots of riders here, of many different types.

Check back often and as the weather gets better you'll see small groups of NEO riders forming up to ride south. Usually there'll be one or two larger rides. Check out the pages under Events / Unofficial Epic Rides for past events.

Please also consider the MSTA Motorcycle Sport Touring Assoc group. The group started as the Honda S.T.A. and was composed of guys riding V4's. But then they widened out to welcome all makes. Check out their page at http://ridemsta.com/srblog/  See the 2019 events listed under the "Let's Ride" button on the menu. MSTA rides are interesting. The organizers provide a numbers of suggested routes and the riders break into groups of 3-6, maybe 8  riders to keep it safe and less congested.

The Cincy and Columbus sections have monthly meetings - a bit far to ride, but hey. Also we have a large regional ride in Marietta during the third week of August. I'm certain that you'd enjoy meeting the folks that show up. And, this year the large national meeting will be in Bristol VA in the third week of June. That should be a blast with a lot of great roads.

Chris

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shoop said:

Hey David. 

Welcome to the forum! Lots of riders here, of many different types.

Check back often and as the weather gets better you'll see small groups of NEO riders forming up to ride south. Usually there'll be one or two larger rides. Check out the pages under Events / Unofficial Epic Rides for past events.

Please also consider the MSTA Motorcycle Sport Touring Assoc group. The group started as the Honda S.T.A. and was composed of guys riding V4's. But then they widened out to welcome all makes. Check out their page at http://ridemsta.com/srblog/  See the 2019 events listed under the "Let's Ride" button on the menu. MSTA rides are interesting. The organizers provide a numbers of suggested routes and the riders break into groups of 3-6, maybe 8  riders to keep it safe and less congested.

The Cincy and Columbus sections have monthly meetings - a bit far to ride, but hey. Also we have a large regional ride in Marietta during the third week of August. I'm certain that you'd enjoy meeting the folks that show up. And, this year the large national meeting will be in Bristol VA in the third week of June. That should be a blast with a lot of great roads.

Chris

Hi, Chris.  I'm aware of the MSTA.  I was an HSTA member back in the day when it was all ST1100s and VFRs!

On 3/18/2019 at 9:39 AM, Wolfman1 said:

Welcome to the OR!  As @whaler stated, I believe you are the gentlemen I spoke with this weekend regarding your 13 FJR.  You have definitely come to the right place to network with other riders.  Lots of good people here.  Unfortunately in Ohio you have to go south to get to some great roads.  Check out the site, there are always riding events posted somewhere.

I sent you that PM, Ray.  Not sure why I'm not seeing an external notifications of these replies.  I'll have to check that...

• 3 weeks later...