Dyno Brian or anyone else

bowdog

Getting ready to tear all the bullshit off of my 6.7L Diesel and wondering if anyone knows if Dyno Brian is still around and doing tunes, and if so if he tunes Diesels? Ordering the new exhaust this week which will eliminate the DEF and would like to tune once complete. I can buy a tuner and the whole exhaust set up for about $2,500...they advertise a 250HP gain with this tuner but I have been told by a couple people that a custom tune would be better and cost far less. thoughts? anyone done theirs? 

30 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Custom tune on an otherwise stock diesel isn’t needed. 

HPP tunes on EZLynk is absolutely the way to go. 

Are you sure he is not tuning Diesel? the only reason I ask again is because a buddy i ride with claims he had his Dodge tuned by Brian last year but I know you would know for sure.

Also please elaborate, are you saying I can do the DEF delete with just buying the exhaust and not have to worry about tuning but if i ever want to tune I can't? this will be my first time massaging a Diesel so bare with my dumb questions.

Brian doesn’t tune Diesel. Never has. Has no plans to either. 

You cannot delete dpf, def, or egr without a tune. It will not run without those items unless tuned. 

$2500 seems high. The Exhaust is 383 shipped from Thoroughbred Diesel. 

Egr delete will run you $60-$160 depending on your choice. 

Tuner and tunes will be $1000 +\- again depending on choice. 

EZLynk is my choice and what I’ve used with excellent results. 

EFi Live a close second. 

I’m not sure what their options and prices are for Ford 6.7 though as I’ve not personally done one of those yet. 

Ive done Cummins 6.7, Ford 7.3 and 6.4 and Duramax. 

• Upvote 1

FLO852NB is the Exhaust pt# if you’re going to do this you need to order that now and not do your usual procrastination. FloPro has stopped shipping non emission products to the US. What Throughbred has on hand is it. It’s in stock at moment I just looked. You wait and it won’t be

Ok I am on their website and I have the exhaust in my cart...The EZLynk tuner i see from them is on sale for $1,124, is that all i need or will i need to buy additional shit?

That is it but you need tuning. That is just the tuner. You have to select the one with tuning support for your truck. Doesn’t have to be from them. Can be ordered directly from the tuners. Which is what I would do. The Exhaust definitely now and from them. 

This would be easier if you just called me lol