If you were me...

Tonik

....and knowing what kind of riding I do....would you buy the new wing without riding it? Let's face it, it's a wing.

The issue I face is the winter deals are about to go away. They will be 2k more if I wait much longer.

How much of a hit would you take if you bought it, pulled it off the lot, put a few miles on it and sold it? Greater than or less than 2K hit?

Edit: I suppose there are more factors than thinking about it that simply. 

Edited by TimTheAzn

10 minutes ago, Tonik said:

....and knowing what kind of riding I do....would you buy the new wing without riding it? Let's face it, it's a wing.

The issue I face is the winter deals are about to go away. They will be 2k more if I wait much longer.

I was at Hinderer Honda in Heath, OH a few weeks ago, and they had a new wing for demo.   I thought about taking it for a spin. 

I don't think you would go wrong with it.  I see one in my future.

2 minutes ago, Connie14 said:

I was at Hinderer Honda in Heath, OH a few weeks ago, and they had a new wing for demo.   I thought about taking it for a spin. 

I don't think you would go wrong with it.  I see one in my future.

They will let it out now? I would drive there.

I would not buy it without riding it. Just because it looks good on paper doesn't mean you will gel with it. You and the missus are familiar with the Kawasaki and accustomed to certain characteristics. What if she doesn't like the Honda?

2 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

Is that the only bike you are considering?

Probably more accurate to say it is the only bike I have not eliminated from consideration. The Yammy has engine issues for me, it red lines at 4200 so you have to shift up and down all the time.

The BMW is not that comfy for the wife and I have serious reliability concerns with it.

FJR is too small for serious 2up and no storage.

The Kawi hasn't been updated, so no point buying the same thing. I don't need to get rid of it, it is in top shape and a great bike. But we have been on it 5 years, time for a change.

Edited by Tonik

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

The new Goldwing is smaller and more agile from what I have read. I would think the perfect mix of your Vulcan and an FJR. The wing fits your style.

I have a Valkyrie...... that flat six new model or any older is a special engine. Mondo torque off idle and a good rush to redline when you crack it open. Sounds awesome. A bike with a Porsche engine.  Also the bikes are designed and balanced that even though they are heavy bikes, the weight disappears at any thing above walking speed. Great rides. For 2 up, you can't beat a GW.....

Go get a new GW? Hell yeah!

10 minutes ago, mello dude said:

I have a Valkyrie...... that flat six new model or any older is a special engine. Mondo torque off idle and a good rush to redline when you crack it open. Sounds awesome. A bike with a Porsche engine.  Also the bikes are designed and balanced that even though they are heavy bikes, the weight disappears at any thing above walking speed. Great rides. For 2 up, you can't beat a GW.....

Go get a new GW? Hell yeah!

I have always lusted after the Valk, something about them grabbed me the first time I saw one. I will own one someday as a second bike, soon as we move and I have the space.

Just buy it  :) take a chance you will never regret a wing. I am yet to meet one wing owner with remorse online or real life. Better yet this Thursday call in sick and drive to heath and test it out. 65 and if lucky no rain. Then grab those deals before it’s too late. 

On The Edge Honda in Amherst had a DCT demo model last summer but I never took it out for a test ride.   Call Dale at 440-985-3343.  I didn’t buy my GoldWIng there (I bought it from a private seller) but I have taken it to On The Edge for some service I couldn’t do as well as some recall work.   They have always treated me well....