So this is what the fuss is all about

Parrot

So, I have to start by saying most of my life I have not understood riding and thought it was a dangerous way to spend your time and money. With that said as I have gotten older the idea has started to appeal more and more. The straw that broke the camels back is visiting my brother in Vegas and he let me through a leg over his Harley, it has been game over ever since.

I took my MSF course back in September at Polaris and had a great pair of instructors. I have since bought my first bike (2015 Triumph Thruxton) not into the whole cafe racer thing per se. The bike just felt right and I couldn't get the smile off my face during my test ride.

I have commuted to work a few times on my bike while the weather was good. Now that old man winter is letting up I am starting to get out for some short rides despite the cold.

Anyway, I am checking this out at the advice of my MSF instructor and hoping to possibly meet some people and get advice when needed.

11 minutes ago, Parrot said:

So, I have to start by saying most of my life I have not understood riding and thought it was a dangerous way to spend your time and money. With that said as I have gotten older the idea has started to appeal more and more. The straw that broke the camels back is visiting my brother in Vegas and he let me through a leg over his Harley, it has been game over ever since.

I took my MSF course back in September at Polaris and had a great pair of instructors. I have since bought my first bike (2015 Triumph Thruxton) not into the whole cafe racer thing per se. The bike just felt right and I couldn't get the smile off my face during my test ride.

I have commuted to work a few times on my bike while the weather was good. Now that old man winter is letting up I am starting to get out for some short rides despite the cold.

Anyway, I am checking this out at the advice of my MSF instructor and hoping to possibly meet some people and get advice when needed.

Most likely I was your instructor. Do yourself a another favor and book another class, Perhaps just the Returning Rider course as just a refresher. Statistics show that people that have been trained more that once getting killed on a back is FAR FAR less likely. 

Once it warms up, Ill be getting the bike out. Actually thinking maybe Sunday ill get mine out and wash it. Some animal trashed it in the garage last winter. 

Welcome, Keep it shiny side up. 

You may have been. I intend to take another course when I can. I thought about the advanced course.

I have been debating getting a short ride in this afternoon (if I can escape from work unnoticed).

I definitely work at keeping it shiny side up

3 hours ago, Parrot said:

Dude, Post up a picture of your Thruxton. - I just think they are beautiful... 

• Upvote 1

Welcome, and @what is correct, one of the hardest addiction to quit if you have the 2 wheel blood type. 

Put at least a thousand miles under your belt and then start joining some like minded riders for rides. Till then don’t join any group rides posted here even if it says noob friendly :) 

1 hour ago, NinjaDoc said:

Welcome, and @what is correct, one of the hardest addiction to quit if you have the 2 wheel blood type. 

Put at least a thousand miles under your belt and then start joining some like minded riders for rides. Till then don’t join any group rides posted here even if it says noob friendly :) 

Thanks for the advice. I haven't planned on a group ride. Although I wouldn't mind meeting some people to ride with in smaller groups say 2 or 3