2019 Optimistic riding calendar :)

NinjaDoc

Since we are expecting a snow bomb next week, since 2018 majority weekends were rainy , just wanted to post something up. Positive reinforcements to seal up good riding season ahead. I always believed in majority mass positive vibe phenomenon. If all believe it will happen for sure, it’s gonna happen for sure :) 

OptiMystic prediction: so this is the plan for 2019, all are welcome to join / plan to ride at least one weekend a month 

April : yes April itself, season opener / short SEO loop 

May: not so Epic ride 

June: Gap trip

July: Ohio Pa WV loop

Aug: Route 33 Harrisonburg Va trip 

sep: WV Route 16  to Marion Va Trip

Oct: SEO loop

unfortunately I won’t be able to dedicate many days to riding. This is max I might be able to do, if I can pull off half on the list I will be happy. Any one welcome to join , post your own plans may be I can join those. Of course this is Ohio and all riding plans subject to change. But once you put it down in writing and burn the image into your mind it’s going to happen. 

Just another month before we start real rides again. Of course couple of you guys going to post up about riding in 30 degree days in between. Good for you. But the season will open April for sure . Right ... right

On 3/2/2019 at 10:02 AM, Bubba said:

If the last couple of years' trend is any indication, April has been/will be mostly sunnier, drier, and warmer than May and early June.

Yea, it almost looks like any good day you get which you are free be prepared to put some miles :)  

the only planned one I am thinking is the gap trip. Everything else just going to wing it last minute. 

Hello everyone!

Ive been keeping tabs on here. I look forward to coming down for 1-2 rides this season! Last season I only rode a total of 1,759 miles. (I used to avg. 13,000 /YR) Times have changed.

Of those miles, about 582 were put on the Track at Grattan & Gingerman here in Michigan! lol

I hope to see ya guys soon, take it easy . . .

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Scorpion-Ninja said:

Hello everyone!

Ive been keeping tabs on here. I look forward to coming down for 1-2 rides this season! Last season I only rode a total of 1,759 miles. (I used to avg. 13,000 /YR) Times have changed.

Of those miles, about 582 were put on the Track at Grattan & Gingerman here in Michigan! lol

I hope to see ya guys soon, take it easy . . .

nice to hear from you Dave, hope you can join some rides down in ohio 

i even logged in RSB forum to see and hear about some motorcycle activity and saw pretty much nothing. i guess no activity there 

as i am vicariously living through my own dreams of some good rides, i am going to keep posting it here so it can materialize over time and may be keep the hopes of warm riding days open in fellow ohio riding folks 

The august 33 ride might look like this, if i can start early i will likely do it in one day, if not stay overnight in harrisonburg and second day plan another route back 

These are the kind of roads i am looking forward to ride 

narrow fun twisty and avoid high speed rashness 

of course the usual stuff as well 

wv road.jpg

wv 2.jpg

virginia 2.jpg

Edited by NinjaDoc

7 hours ago, Danimal said:

I expect another big year miles-wise. 

I know it’s like telling Sherlock Holmes to stop being analytical, but don’t overthink things Nevin. 

Just ride

whenever you want and can. 

Careful setting defined goals  

Fin 

I understand dani but u were absolutely right, so hard to turn off the machine once the gears are rolling within you lol. I didn’t post my full blown imaginary ride report and google pics yet as I am pretty sure OR will tag me crazy haha 

i am hoping Merry gets to set sail all over SA seas beyond the grand line border this year. Collect as many precious memory stones :) 

my old nick name was Sherlock 🕵️♀️ lol And not because of crime solving nature haha 

Other than the Gap trip I have zero bike plans this year other than ride every chance I get. Even the Gap tip I'm strongly leaning towards just trailering the Z down. Unless @max power get him a tour bike then I might ride down with him. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

I understand dani but u were absolutely right, so hard to turn off the machine once the gears are rolling within you lol. I didn’t post my full blown imaginary ride report and google pics yet as I am pretty sure OR will tag me crazy haha 

i am hoping Merry gets to set sail all over SA seas beyond the grand line border this year. Collect as many precious memory stones :) 

my old nick name was Sherlock 🕵️♀️ lol And not because of crime solving nature haha 

Was it because you are hooked on cocaine and morphine?

lol!

8 minutes ago, Nebbors said:

Was it because you are hooked on cocaine and morphine?

lol!

Hahaha nah, my tendency is to be addicted to healthy stuff to level of unhealthy state. Dont even smoke and alcohol, but still euphoric, insomnia, shakes, excessive indulgence etc. need my two wheel drug fix soon. 

Just to bore and brag, It was because I used to be a huge sherlock stories/ books fan long ago before the stupid tv series and movies etc, encouraging all my friends to read, just like what you see me doing with riding here. Always talking like that, testing the skill set on predicting stuff in my school /college/profession with some minor amount of success. Those were the good days when your young and have energy to go 48 hr without hiccup. 😂

9 hours ago, Pauly said:

GO THE FUCK TO SLEEP

5 hours ago, Tonik said:

TAKE SOME DAMN XANAX.

hahaha almost for 20 yrs i been on call every 3rd to 4th day which means disrupted to no sleep at night. I got no circadian rhythm now. All i got in google map and all night to learn new roads hehe  I  prolly should join Australian riders .net so there is some one to talk motorcycle at that time zone :D 

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2019 at 2:01 AM, NinjaDoc said:

Need to hit this road this year, plan it along with 2day ride. 16 south then 80 north etc

D4C5FCA4-7E30-4246-9273-358C376ADDB9.png

Oh yeah!  VA-80 is Hayters Gap.  Ridden that lots of times on the way to/from NC.  For another backroads goat path, try 622/Nebo Mountain Rd--runs N-S just east of 16 in Hungry Mother SP.  Not the best pavement when I last ran it a couple of years ago.

Annotation 2019-03-16 151703.jpg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Yea google virtual rode the Nebo rd, :D it’s almost an adv trail. :( But pics look like from 2017, have u been on it recently? 

LOL....note that I did use the term "goatpath" and I haven't ridden it since '17.  Gotta throw in some stretches like this just to keep the guys riding superbikes humble.  If you think that's rough, check out the middle "paved" section of the Little Shepherd Trail between 421 and 2010 (no GM streetview ☹️ ).  Last time I threw that into my southern route, I had a few guys cursing me within 1/2 a mile of the start...hey, in my defense, it IS paved...sort'a.

Edited by Bubba
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bubba said:

Little Shepherd Trail between 421 and 2010

Here is some video that section of LST. starts at 2:24. V-Strom and a Spyder

https://youtu.be/j66aXtHaSVM

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The steed is coming along nicely for the 2019 trips :) the more warm days with rain in it means the time you spend in garage goes up. Dayum, I almost feel like a bike show kind of guy. No miles all styles 

large.7C56FD9E-911A-4A64-A116-CE00AE89C4FA.jpeg.baff4752982b502562eff6a7c8fb8593.jpeg

First thing gone, giant pumpkin blinkers : Yamaha led blinker / tried eBay one first of course. Not bright at all to be unsafe lvl 

Short MRA screen : clean air > buffet or barn door

evotech rad guard 

functional eBay CNc mirror : again smaller foot print size and reduced wind buffeting in the cockpit 

Chinese fake Powerbronze adv beak. Not fitted for GT, with some minor tweaking and adjusting it fit. 

Finally most expensive crap for the bike I spend, yoshimura full system. Guilt of wasting money melted away after a short rip around the local area. Now bike sounds like a tRRrRipple :) 

since weather is no where improving I thing I will continue to tweak and mod. So far haven’t touched any vital and important stuff of bike. Gonna keep all those oem intact like the suspension and stuff which is working wonderful for my puny weight. 

Going to rebadge that awful “goo” logo then put on crash protection and couple of aux lights and I am done :) 

gonna call him Garuda after a character from Indian mythology hehe

(angry bird was more appropriate but don’t have a personalized name to it 😂)

A896C175-7C65-492D-BF9C-B078E878E456.jpeg