Absolutely one of the ugliest motorcycles I've ever seen

YSR_Racer_99

😂

42301_vitpilen-401-2018.jpg

looks are so subjective. I absolutely love that bike and the whole concept of it. Was looking forward to it ever since they showed the prototype thingy 

but then again my taste is weird. I was the handful of few who loved the cyclops versys :D 

REDISCOVER YOUR URBAN ENVIRONMENT

The SVARTPILEN 401 is a progressive, rugged motorcycle with timeless appeal, designed to endure the demands of urban exploration. Drawing inspiration from Husqvarna Motorcycles' pioneering heritage, this bike also looks ahead, innovates and guides the future of motorcycling in a whole new direction. A motorcycle that offers the perpetual enjoyment of owning something unique and special, combined in an individualistic and technically advanced package - allowing a rider to simply enjoy the thrill of the ride.

Features may include:

• EXTERIOR

The design idea for the SVARTPILEN 401 is to strip away all unnecessary gimmicks and to create a simple, progressive mix of classic thinking and modern design. This way of thinking is synonymous with the Swedish heritage of Husqvarna Motorcycles and can be clearly seen on the SVARTPILEN 401. The lightweight and narrow bodywork is shaped into the SVARTPILEN 401’s design and intelligently allows for seamless movement while riding. Its black colour, rugged tyres and protective parts give the motorcycle a rigorous look to match its urban exploration intentions.

• 1 month later...

I've seen the pics for a year or so.  I'm split on whether to call it ugly or just weird. Would not want to pay the expected costs of maintaining double the fork leg parts, double the tire costs, and the unknown maintenance on the bushings/linkages for the front suspension!

4 hours ago, Pauly said:

The concept is ignorant. Double the fork maintenance and the bike still requires a side stand? Exaclty what is the appeal?

Is this one of your sarcasm or real question hehe :) 

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

black and knobby, riserbars

Related image

Man the studio pics and real life pics are always light year difference :(  this looks like a TVS bike straight out of India 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ScubaCinci said:

According to reviews, it corners like glue, regardless of wet, dry, gravel, etc.  

It corners well, but limited to 45 degrees of lean (by the front end), but the pegs drag much sooner than that :( 

The entire premise of this things seems to be that 3 wheels have more grip than 2.  Well, just get a car then.

Not to mention it's much uglier than a Can Am Spyder.

It's an interesting engineering exercise, but it will be a commercial flop.  These will be sitting in showrooms for years as deeply discounted leftovers.

6 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

It corners well, but limited to 45 degrees of lean (by the front end), but the pegs drag much sooner than that :( 

The entire premise of this things seems to be that 3 wheels have more grip than 2.  Well, just get a car then.

Not to mention it's much uglier than a Can Am Spyder.

It's an interesting engineering exercise, but it will be a commercial flop.  These will be sitting in showrooms for years as deeply discounted leftovers.

I agree that the sales on this thing are likely to be less than Yamaha would like. It seems like a weird cross between the Can-Am and a traditional bike. I saw this for the first time at the motorcycle show in Jan and just stared at it confusingly wondering what the hell is that.

They only selling around 500ish I think in States this year, I am hoping for it to sit on floors and loose value by 2021 I might get it. But it might not, the demand is there even though mild to fill up the allocated slots already. It will only sit in the floor if they start cranking it out more next year as well. It’s gotta be a once in life time experience to ride this thing. The thing actually leans well and good enough for an average street ride, and the grip will of course be better than a regular bike.