OG the most hated guess bike thread after many years :)

NinjaDoc

2 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Only mods planned are smaller wind screen, exhaust and led signals to replace them giant pumpkins 

I recommend koso led signals. A little spendy at $70/pair but they're quality and bright as hell. From the looks of it a slip on will only be a cosmetic upgrade, you'll need a full system to really hear it sing. Sweet bike, good to see yamaha putting that peach of a motor into more bikes. Great to see you back on 2 wheels too.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

I recommend koso led signals. A little spendy at $70/pair but they're quality and bright as hell. From the looks of it a slip on will only be a cosmetic upgrade, you'll need a full system to really hear it sing. Sweet bike, good to see yamaha putting that peach of a motor into more bikes. Great to see you back on 2 wheels too.

Okay, will look into that. Was going for Yamaha oem led. Need to figure out all the connectors and stuff, don’t want to cut and splice etc. 

I been drooling over yours since it was announced. if not for 2up option I would have gotten it in a blink.   gsx1kf is one of the best bang for buck Moto available now. Actually it will outperform most hyped bikes in that segment easy. 

7 hours ago, NinjaDoc said:

Okay, will look into that. Was going for Yamaha oem led. Need to figure out all the connectors and stuff, don’t want to cut and splice etc. 

I been drooling over yours since it was announced. if not for 2up option I would have gotten it in a blink.   gsx1kf is one of the best bang for buck Moto available now. Actually it will outperform most hyped bikes in that segment easy. 

I'll let you take it for a spin any time, shes a serious blast. You can get adapters to go from the oem plug to banana connectors to swap blinkers, that's what I did. 

20 minutes ago, what said:

Koso makes quality parts for Groms, can't speak for their other offerings. The new cam that's going into my Grom in the next week or 2 is a Koso. 

Never knew they made cams, I thought they just did electrical. I put one of their aftermarket gauges on my vintage Honda build and was very impressed by the quality. I know guys that have used their gauges on streetfighter projects that were equally impressed. Their support is great too, I spent weeks back and forth on the phone trying to get the tach to work with my aftermarket ignition on the Honda and the engineer never gave up and we eventually figured it out (ran tach off of stator and told it it was a 6 cyl). I'll typically buy their product over a cheaper alternative because of the experiences I've had with them. Great company.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

I'll let you take it for a spin any time, shes a serious blast. You can get adapters to go from the oem plug to banana connectors to swap blinkers, that's what I did. 

Never knew they made cams, I thought they just did electrical. I put one of their aftermarket gauges on my vintage Honda build and was very impressed by the quality. I know guys that have used their gauges on streetfighter projects that were equally impressed. Their support is great too, I spent weeks back and forth on the phone trying to get the tach to work with my aftermarket ignition on the Honda and the engineer never gave up and we eventually figured it out (ran tach off of stator and told it it was a 6 cyl). I'll typically buy their product over a cheaper alternative because of the experiences I've had with them. Great company.

Yeah they make a good bit of stuff for the Grom - https://kosonorthamerica.com/tag/honda-grom-parts/

Are there no medium lvl mirror options in this world :( its either really good super expensive stuff like Rizoma or cheap eBay mirrors which I been burned before on quality. Are there no regular in between brands for bang for buck? 

2 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Are there no medium lvl mirror options in this world :( its either really good super expensive stuff like Rizoma or cheap eBay mirrors which I been burned before on quality. Are there no regular in between brands for bang for buck? 

Magazi are good quality, around $100 a pair depending on style. 

https://www.kiwavmotors.com/en/parts/controls/mirrors/road-naked?start=56

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Magazi are good quality, around $100 a pair depending on style. 

https://www.kiwavmotors.com/en/parts/controls/mirrors/road-naked?start=56

Awesome will check it out. Some of the styles look like the eBay ones. May be the eBay ones are replicas of these mirrors. You got stuff from them before? 

10 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

Awesome will check it out. Some of the styles look like the eBay ones. May be the eBay ones are replicas of these mirrors. You got stuff from them before? 

Yeah, I got a pair from the wife for xmas. Seem like good quality, anodized aluminum construction, the ball joint is nice and tight, mirror looks optically as good as anything I've seen oem. Granted, they have not yet suffered the slings and arrows of 11k rpm and 120 mph yet, so they could be shit masquerading as shinola, but based on appearance I'm calling them good. At least with these you deal directly with the supplier, should make refund/return easier if they're junk. I will say that one of mine arrived damaged and we complained. They sent a replacement after a brief hassle that culminated with me lambasting them on their Facebook page. They then went after DHL for the cost. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2019 at 6:39 AM, max power said:

Nice machine, Nivin!

Spend some of that moldy money on Rizoma.  You won’t be disappointed.  

no moldy money here max. just hard worked extra hour sleepless greens which i throw at debts to make a dent and waste on OCD multibike experiments. Need to have a cure from this bike addiction and ensure its a keeper before i spend more on bling for one single bike.  

14 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Find contentment within yourself and you can ride any bike in a state of oneness with your environment.

Except for that fucking Ducati ST3S. FUCK that POS. 

You get that from a fortune cookie that you at after the sushi that you ate without me?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pauly said:

Find contentment within yourself and you can ride any bike in a state of oneness with your environment.

Except for that fucking Ducati ST3S. FUCK that POS. 

funny thing is everything else in my life i am content with and never bothered to change at all. Like even the pos eye glasses i had, cloths  and stuff  i had was way back form india some times decade old stuff.  Dont spend money on vanity much. But motorcycles....mmmmmhhhh mhhhh The only thing i cant control is motorcycles. So many different types of wonders in this world and i feel like experiencing them all. even when i say this bike will be the last bike for a foreseeable future i will be keeping an eye out for Niken used cheap next year :D