2019 Supercross Season

Ron505

I’m watching. I haven’t finished watching the last round yet. I DVR it because I’m too old to stay up and watch it live. Usually I have watched all of the race by this time during the week but the mud fest is not as interesting to me. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, bowdog said:

Yup watching as well...I will be at the Indianapolis races again this year.

Is it a good time actually at the events? I keep telling myself I need to go see 1 live, but never follow through. 

1 hour ago, Ron505 said:

I do the same!

I finished watching the mud fest last night. I think they mentioned the next 4 events will be in domes. I’m looking forward to that and to see if someone is going to start to establish a win streak. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, durk said:

Is it a good time actually at the events? I keep telling myself I need to go see 1 live, but never follow through. 

I can't remember if I mentioned it but a friend and I motorcycled to the High Point MX event near Mount Morris PA (close to Morgantown where I grew up) and really enjoyed it.  It's a great track to see the action - you get pretty close.  We're planning to go back this summer if anyone wants to come along.

• Upvote 2

I must be the only one that likes watching the mudfests. 

I would like to go to a supercross or motocross event sometime. Maybe Mount Morris would be a good choice. I always prefer to ride rather than drive. 

I can't make the Detroit Supercross this year and Indianapolis would require an overnight. 

21 hours ago, durk said:

It is a great time...For a 1st timer though I would strongly recommend Red Bud in Michigan 4th of July weekend. It's an outdoor race and one of the best party's you will ever go too. plus there is non pro racing Friday and Saturday nights on their smaller track.

In person is a blast!  Kenworthy's was always really wild too! 

I haven't watched last Saturdays race yet, but heard it's a bit of a bore.  Very one-lined, and not much passing.  I'll probably watch it tonight. 

I'm watching intently, thinking that Tomac and Roczen would be the pair to beat....but Cooper Webb is playing spoiler, taking advantage of Roger's expertise and doing pretty well.

Ahhhh, Kenworthy's.  Miss the old days at the Pro Ams.  My Dad actually talked me into racing C class amateur back in 1987 and got to hang out with Ricky Johnson a lot that weekend.  Worst racing experience of my life LOL, but one of the most enjoyable weekends of my life too.  That was a fun track.

• 4 weeks later...

I always watch super cross and arena cross. Jace Owen is dominating arena cross this year, winning every heat race & race. But he got a shot of reality when he stepped up to super cross. He did well in the heat race, advancing straight into the main. But in the main I'm not sure what happened as he was never mentioned, and finished dead last...