Pricing Announced for KTM 790 Adventure

Shoop

On 2/1/2019 at 10:53 PM, Casper said:

That’s pretty expensive. Bummer. 

Agreed, unfortunately that is also competitive with similar bikes from BMW, Triumph, KTM, and Honda. 

Fully adjustable suspension and all those fancy electronics appear to be expensive. 

Given the choice this is the one I am most interested in, but I have a hard time justifying that kind of price for a bike. 

I guess I'll either wait a few years or look for a used African Twin. 

" beginning in 2020, all motorcycles featuring the LC8c motor (including the 790 Duke and a future supermoto model—if rumors are to be believed) will be built in China. KTM partnered with CFMoto to build a new production facility that will churn out these little parallel-twin beauties like clockwork. Hopefully."

On 2/1/2019 at 10:53 PM, Casper said:

That’s pretty expensive. Bummer. 

Sorry for the delay Shoop, I don't know why I didn't get a notification.

Casper when you look at the components used, I don't think it's out of line.  WP fully adjustable shock and forks, lean-angle-sensitive ABS, traction control, a gazillion modes of each, a proven engine, lower weight for its 95 ponies (likely 460ish wet)...  It's priced right between the 690 and 1090, and the same as the AT that has lesser suspension and much heavier weight.  With shipping, prep, cruise control, heated grips and tax, I'm expecting the R model to cost a little over $16k out the door.  I put a deposit on one this past Saturday 🙂and plan to sell my '13 V-Strom 650 as soon as it comes in around May.

On 2/5/2019 at 4:52 AM, Pauly said:

That is a lot of coin for a bike built in China. 

2019 models confirmed by techs trained in CA and OH to be built in Austria.  Plans are to produce the 2020+ models in China in CFMoto facilities.  Lots of people are scratching their heads about that decision.  Could be they'll source them from both locations for different markets.

On 2/5/2019 at 10:11 AM, Qman said:

Wonder how the Yamaha Raid 700  will stand up to this?

Good question.  My guess is that the suspension won't be as good but will be priced maybe $250 less, but they need to actually get them out the factory first.

• Upvote 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:28 PM, smccrory said:

Good question.  My guess is that the suspension won't be as good but will be priced maybe $250 less, but they need to actually get them out the factory first.

• Beer 1

On 2/7/2019 at 1:28 PM, smccrory said:

I'm expecting the R model to cost a little over $16k out the door.  I put a deposit on one this past Saturday 🙂and plan to sell my '13 V-Strom 650 as soon as it comes in around May.

Will you be bringing it down to Iron Horse in May with Big B's M/C gang?

and if you do would you like to do some ADV stuff down there?

Edited by B-Mac
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Will you be bringing it down to Iron Horse in May with Big B's M/C gang?

and if you do would you like to do some ADV stuff down there?

I really want to but I don't honestly think I'll have it by then.  I've been told "probably May," but who knows.  More likely I'll have the Strom.  Nonetheless, yes, we will be getting into ADV stuff :-D.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for posting that @Qman - that's pretty validating of the 790 and not very good news for Yammy.  I'll be the first will eat crow if the 790 Adventure R has a bunch of first year model woes followed by more next-year China manufacturing gremlins, but I'm pretty excited for the European reports to come in any week now.  Another friend and fellow ADV rider @Firedog just put his deposit down on one tonight.