OMRL 2019 Season

what

Cant wait for the season to start. Most likely just gunna do stock moto or f3 on the xr100 and run f2 on the other bike. someone can use my bike to run supermoto or whatever opposite of f3/stock if they want

Edited by kbrok

14 minutes ago, what said:

nsr50?

I think those had a high mount exhaust, can't find where it is on Marc's.  Still could be a 50 though.   Whatever it is, amazing to see a world champ on 300 hp bikes getting some fun out of running a little one.  

10 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

yep looks like the nsf100. wonder if it's the same engine as the xr100. Looks like there's a kick starter crank with no kick attached in the first picture. 

On 2/1/2019 at 8:25 PM, what said:

yep looks like the nsf100. wonder if it's the same engine as the xr100. Looks like there's a kick starter crank with no kick attached in the first picture. 

Just adds weight. Super easy to bump-start. 

10 minutes ago, redkow97 said:

Just adds weight. Super easy to bump-start. 

Right, I was just making the observation. I'd guess it's some variation of the engine used in the CRF/XR100 and the kickstarter adds to that. 

• 2 months later...

Little over 2 Weeks away from the start of the race season!  

We have scheduled a practice next weekend (Aug 27) at CRP if anyone is interested in coming out and running my second bike!   Please let me know so I don't reserve it to to anyone else!  

Also the bike is available to race on 5-4 if you anyone is interested --- let me know!

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Who's going to PIRC and wants to show me the Grom ropes? Think I saw it's gonna be 6/29-6/30?

Depends on my work schedule. Adkins is real close to you too. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, what said:

You can, the ++power is just compensating for my ++weight XD 

I am really interested in what the butt dyno tells you in terms of how much extra umph you get.

Like, if it allows me to get the front wheel off the ground in first without using the clutch, that could get real fun.

I am really interested in what the butt dyno tells you in terms of how much extra umph you get.

Like, if it allows me to get the front wheel off the ground in first without using the clutch, that could get real fun.

Jacob is a rocketship on it, I know that. I will be going like +7 or 8 on the rear sprocket for race gearing too so... it may power wheelie in 1st and 2nd at that point. 

• Upvote 1

Hopefully I can keep up with that bored out beast of a grom you have.

Stock bore.  About everything else is different, but it will fit into the F3 class.  

I'm hoping after Andy gets the CBR back and on a dyno, he can run the Grrom to get a real number.

1 minute ago, jacobhawkins said:

Stock bore.  About everything else is different, but it will fit into the F3 class.  

I'm hoping after Andy gets the CBR back and on a dyno, he can run the Grrom to get a real number.

Already talking to Jake about bringing the grom up. He wants to see if we can do anything to get it to run on pump gas. Don't think we can change timing or adjust the finbro ecu at all but it's worth at least looking at. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Just head work?

20 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Just head work?

Port/polish, mill head down a wee bit, piston, cam, ecu, injector, clutch springs, full rear suspension, front fork springs.  Some other comfort parts.  That's about it I think?

12 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Port/polish, mill head down a wee bit, piston, cam, ecu, injector, clutch springs, full rear suspension, front fork springs.  Some other comfort parts.  That's about it I think?

yeah that's about it. not a lot done really. 

• 2 weeks later...