OMRL 2019 Season

what

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

That shelf cloud was amazing - the storm that followed, not so much...

It was good to see you this weekend @snot

Good to see you made it out too, sorry we didn't get to hang much - practice day was obviously a rain out, and race day was crazy busy as usual

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Helmutt said:

Good to see you made it out too, sorry we didn't get to hang much - practice day was obviously a rain out, and race day was crazy busy as usual

No worries - it was good seeing you too, and congrats on the 50/50 win!!  Yeah, rain out doesn't even begin to describe it... lol

10 hours ago, tall_tracy said:

That shelf cloud was amazing - the storm that followed, not so much...

It was good to see you this weekend @snot

It was nice to catch-up a bit. I wish we had more time and less rain. 

Are you coming to G&J at the end of the month?

1 hour ago, snot said:

Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-29-31.png

Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-29-02.png

Screenshot_2019-07-01-20-28-19.png

Behold, the pain train behind someone who parks it in every corner but swoops across the entire track on every entry and exit -- and is a rocket ship on every straight. The final boss for any rider over 230lbs. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 6:46 PM, DerekClouser said:

Just a testament to what we've already known... the mini-bike can teach you (remind you) of many skills you need.   If the MotoGP guys aren't 'too good' for the mini racing bikes, definitely shows we shouldn't be either. 

You all are having way to much FUN!

King Kenny, started training with the mini's back in the day

According to Superbikeplanet, the three-time world champion had owned the ranch for about 35 years.  What began as a practice track for Kenny and his friends and family eventually grew to become the Kenny Roberts Training Ranch. It served as a hands-on classroom for eventual championship riders like Eddie Lawson, Wayne Rainey, Kenny Roberts Jr., Rich Oliver, and Jorge Lorenzo. Roberts was still active in training professional Gran Prix riders last year, and the track saw regular use by local riders.

Roberts’ dirt track training methods would also take root in Europe, where he won the first of his three consecutive titles in 1978. The Spanish site of the KR Training Ranch was adjacent to the Circuit de Catalunya, just outside Barcelona. World class competitors like Sete Gibernau and Valentino Rossi would hone their skills as teenagers on the dirt track. Eventually the advent of electronic controls such as traction control in MotoGP racing would render Roberts’ training style obsolete, but he will always stand as a pioneer in the field.

In a 1999 interview, 500cc World Champion Alex Criville credited The Ranch with improving his performance on the road racing circuits.

“Riding the Rotax singles at the Roberts school helped me stay calm and comfortable when the bike was sliding and helped me get the Honda NSR500 turned earlier and the power down earlier,” he said. “I was racing Mick Doohan on the same bikes, and riding dirt track helped me get on his level in spite of coming from a 125cc and 250 background.”
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...