IMS Show Saturday, Jan 28 2019

DerekClouser

I and a group of 5 to 10 guys from Marietta and Parkersburg will be there early then leaving sometime around 2. We’ll be the grey bearded bow legged guys drooling over the Ducati girls. Wait, that’s 9 of every 10 guys at the show. We’ll be stopping for early dinner at the Brown Derby on Bagley st. Y’all are welcome to join us if that time is convenient for you. 

Chris

12 hours ago, Shoop said:

I and a group of 5 to 10 guys from Marietta and Parkersburg will be there early then leaving sometime around 2. We’ll be the grey bearded bow legged guys drooling over the Ducati girls. Wait, that’s 9 of every 10 guys at the show. We’ll be stopping for early dinner at the Brown Derby on Bagley st. Y’all are welcome to join us if that time is convenient for you. 

Chris

Sorry to disappoint you but Ducati won't be there...

I'll be there with friends but we're grabbing lunch first then heading to the show.  

6 hours ago, DerekClouser said:

It's the middle of the winter... and it's literally 15$.  I couldn't disagree more.  

I've gone to the ims twice, just wasnt much to be impressed about either time. Massive crowds of mostly leather daddies milling about, expensive food and beer, not a lot of gear vendors (which is why I would go, to try on a new jacket and some boots before I buy them) and it's an hour+ drive for me in good weather. If it's your thing, then go, have a nice time. I intensely dislike massive throngs of humanity stuffed into buildings, so to be part of that, I'm gonna need a better draw. 

4 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

I've gone to the ims twice, just wasnt much to be impressed about either time. Massive crowds of mostly leather daddies milling about, expensive food and beer, not a lot of gear vendors (which is why I would go, to try on a new jacket and some boots before I buy them) and it's an hour+ drive for me in good weather. If it's your thing, then go, have a nice time. I intensely dislike massive throngs of humanity stuffed into buildings, so to be part of that, I'm gonna need a better draw. 

I agree with you. Gotta go on Friday. That is the only day it doesn't suck. 

20 hours ago, Wojo72 said:

Sat for me unless the weather forecast goes to hell.

Traveling with Bob/Wojo and my friend Lenny, to arrive by 11ish Saturday and staying until 2 or 3 before grabbing lunch nearby then heading back to Columbus.  I'm hoping KTM has their 790 Adventure S there, but even if not, I want to scout out the other ADV and DS offerings.

1 hour ago, smccrory said:

Traveling with Bob/Wojo and my friend Lenny, to arrive by 11ish Saturday and staying until 2 or 3 before grabbing lunch nearby then heading back to Columbus.  I'm hoping KTM has their 790 Adventure S there, but even if not, I want to scout out the other ADV and DS offerings.

Scott! How ya been buddy? 

14 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Scott! How ya been buddy? 

Mixed bag but overall good!  I've been riding a Beta dirt bike and started down the Trials rabbit hole last winter but re-herniated a disc in May.  Got it operated on in October and have been rebuilding my core since then.  How have you been?

Damnit, now I'm out - I was voluntold to validate a software deployment at noon on Saturday and have a defensive handgun training class on Sunday.

Could someone do me a favor and check the KTM booth for a 790 Adventure S?  I've got a woodie for one and want to get a sense for when they'll start to appear in showrooms this year.

I was there from opening till a bit after noon. Around noon it started to get crowded. Before then it was great. 

The show continues to shrink. Ducati, BMW and several other brands were not there. A KTM dealer was there but not the corporate folks.

Overall I thought it was well worth it, even with a 4 hr drive each way.

On 1/24/2019 at 10:04 PM, smccrory said:

Could someone do me a favor and check the KTM booth for a 790 Adventure S?  I've got a woodie for one and want to get a sense for when they'll start to appear in showrooms this year.

@smccrory

Here's a pic of KTM's new smaller adventure bike.

I think it must be a 79.0 Adventure 😀

I asked a sales guy about the 790 Adv S. He said it was not yet available in the US and they didn't know when they would get one.

KTM 790 Adv.JPG

Edited by Shoop