Jump to content
Pauly

Pauly's got a brand "new" bag...

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, jschaf said:

Pretty much back to normal here. 

Glad to hear that Jim 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats Pauly.  Glad you’ve got a new toy.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 3:17 PM, Gixxus Christ! said:

When are you gonna hit the streets with me and embarrass me on my leader bike?

Leader or Liter??? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qman said:

Leader or Liter??? 😄

Leader, cuz you'll always be lead'n with a liter.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 3:17 PM, Gixxus Christ! said:

When are you gonna hit the streets with me and embarrass me on my leader bike?

I should have more riding time this year. We can chat about it at your place this spring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Pauly said:

I should have more riding time this year. We can chat about it at your place this spring. 

Ok. Hopefully it's the last meet at this location, hope to be in a different house this time next year. 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Ok. Hopefully it's the last meet at this location, hope to be in a different house this time next year. 

*meat

 

ftfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

Ok. Hopefully it's the last meet at this location, hope to be in a different house this time next year. 

When you're ready to sell you better tell me and I'll help you avoid as much bullshit realtor fee as you can :)

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bad324 said:

When you're ready to sell you better tell me and I'll help you avoid as much bullshit realtor fee as you can :)

You're gonna get a Spam Ban. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bad324 said:

When you're ready to sell you better tell me and I'll help you avoid as much bullshit realtor fee as you can :)

I'm all for that but the wife isnt as on-board. She likes the idea of a realtor doing the work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gixxus Christ! said:

I'm all for that but the wife isnt as on-board. She likes the idea of a realtor doing the work.

If something unforeseen comes up with the title or property, you'll want an experienced agent.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

If something unforeseen comes up with the title or property, you'll want an experienced agent.  

Depending on what you may be referencing, that's what title companies do, not an agent. I've sold a house with a realtor and I've sold 2 using a broker that was a flat $300 fee and as long as you have a good title company agents are about pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

Depending on what you may be referencing, that's what title companies do, not an agent. I've sold a house with a realtor and I've sold 2 using a broker that was a flat $300 fee and as long as you have a good title company agents are about pointless.

Agree to disagree.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Agree to disagree.

This. 

The house I just bought, our realtor easily saved us 10K with her knowledge of specials that Huntington was doing and connected us with bar none the best mortgage officer I’ve ever used. I had all my financials in order and preapproved with another bank already but at her suggestion I talked to Vicki at Huntington. Easily saved 10K on the loan with closing and incentives I knew nothing about before her. And the contract she wrote up for us got a few things fixed on the house that I missed. You use one not because you can’t do it on your own but because they’re more knowledgeable about it than you are. In a purchase that large that knowledge can mean a ton of money. In my case over 10K

Edited by MidgetTodd
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

This. 

The house I just bought, our realtor easily saved us 10K with her knowledge of specials that Huntington was doing and connected us with bar none the best mortgage officer I’ve ever used. I had all my financials in order and preapproved with another bank already but at her suggestion I talked to Vicki at Huntington. Easily saved 10K on the loan with closing and incentives I knew nothing about before her. And the contract she wrote up for us got a few things fixed on the house that I missed. You use one not because you can’t do it on your own but because they’re more knowledgeable about it than you are. In a purchase that large that knowledge can mean a ton of money. In my case over 10K

100% use them on a purchase. It sort of costs you nothing and I've used one on every home purchase I've made. Which is now up to 4 

Edited by Bad324

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bad324 said:

100% use them on a purchase. It sort of costs you nothing and I've used one on every home purchase I've made. Which is now up to 4 

Yes, but it works the same way on a sale. They know the market better and more exposure. Plus when buying aren’t you selling as well? I mean I am because I can’t afford multiple houses lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it going to be nice to just walk out to your garage and not have to think twice if your bike is going to start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Isn't it going to be nice to just walk out to your garage and not have to think twice if your bike is going to start?

The Ducs always started and ran flawlessly. It was all the little things that were irritating. The Multistrada was pretty much the most brilliant bike I have ever owned. The fuel tank expansion was a drag, but after the warranty replacement it wasn't much of an issue. The fork seals leaked at 15k miles, but after I rebuilt them they were no trouble. The bastard just ate sprockets, though. 

Really, it was the ST3S that drive in the coffin nails for me. Wouldn't run properly without an O2 manipulator. That only mildly cured the problem, but at least it didn't cough through the airbox on acceleration. It would just randomly stall at idle. The coolant hoses leaked through the seams. I hate the smell of coolant. The fuel tank welds leaked. 

The list just kept growing and I just lost my love for it. This Yamaha will do well enough after I massage the suspension a bit. I doubt it will compare to the Multistrada, but it will be close enough. I really thought that ST3S was going to be a fantastic bike. Maybe it would have been after I worked out all of the kinks? I am quite alright with not ever knowing. So long, Ducati. 

....unless I find a smoking deal on a Panigale. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Yes, but it works the same way on a sale. They know the market better and more exposure. Plus when buying aren’t you selling as well? I mean I am because I can’t afford multiple houses lol

promise this is my last thread derail post:

Yes I needed to sell my house to buy the next. I sold by owner/broker and bought the new one using a realtor. It's probably because I'm more in tune with my market than your average person because I've done this too many times but had I listened to the 2 realtors (one being a neighbor at that) that wanted to sell my house I would have lost out on the $22k in profit I walked away with between them under pricing and commissions. I sold my last house to the 2nd guy that walked through the door for an open house I did the day after it hit the MLS. 

Edited by Bad324

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realtors there must charge more. Mine is a flat fee of 4% of final sale price, 3% if she  does sale and purchase of your new house both. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pauly said:

 So long, Ducati. 

....unless I find a smoking deal on a Panigale. 

 Never thought I’d hear you say those words. I understand it though.

 

The only thing inevitable is change. We’ve seen lots of that around here through the years.

Good luck with the new Yamaha. Mine has never let me down and has only required basic maintenance.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×