Pauly's got a brand "new" bag...

Pauly

49 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I remember that ride.  That garbage suspension kept pushing you off your line.  That would kill my confidence.

I think they improved the FZ09 suspension in 2016 or 2017, better but still not great.  It would be cool if Yamaha would make an "R" version, like the Street Triple.

That would be a selling point and worth some extra coin. Between the suspension that was about as good as what comes on a Walmart mountain bike and the hard as a rock no grip tires there was just no desire to even try and ride a fun pace

26 minutes ago, what said:

I kinda wonder if the MT10 suspension would work on the MT09. The stock KYB on the MT10 seems decent. I've heard the MT09 is an amazing bike once the suspension gets sorted out. 

Ive heard that too but the sorted price is almost half what the bike costs. The suspension and tires both were horrible and the front brake was never consistent or remotely good. Absolutely loved the motor though.  

I'm comfortable using too much horsepower and riders aids to compensate for my age. My current bike isn't close to being my favorite but it sure is comfortable, for that it gets to stay a couple more years.

You should have no problems making the new bike just as comfortable as any bike. Bonus is that it won't run out of steam up top unlike the tractor twins.

2 hours ago, Pauly said:

You know my Tinder profile. 

I keep swiping right!

47 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I'm comfortable using too much horsepower and riders aids to compensate for my age. My current bike isn't close to being my favorite but it sure is comfortable, for that it gets to stay a couple more years.

You should have no problems making the new bike just as comfortable as any bike. Bonus is that it won't run out of steam up top unlike the tractor twins.

What was your favorite? 

Edited by TimTheAzn

I've witnessed Pauly haul some major mail on a cheap ass fz6 on contimotion tires through 3 states. He had the biggest friggin grin on his face when I caught up to him of all the rides I've been on and that includes one of the first spirited rides on the multi. Pretty sure he'll be just fine

Edited by Bad324
  • Beer 1

16 hours ago, Uncle Punk said:

Nothing up top is what kept me alive chasing you in GA and TN. This little 600 should be just as forgiving, hopefully. 

12 hours ago, Bad324 said:

I've witnessed Pauly haul some major mail on a cheap ass fz6 on contimotion tires through 3 states. He had the biggest friggin grin on his face when I caught up to him of all the rides I've been on and that includes one of the first spirited rides on the multi. Pretty sure he'll be just fine

Hawlin' the mail! 

56 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

Didn't help that Porsche though.......

That bastard put up a good run, though. It took some riding to catch his tail. That was a fast car. 

26 minutes ago, MidgetTodd said:

Not sure what kept a couple of us alive chasing Chris down that wherever the hell we were road in GA

GA-60, north from Suches. 

31 minutes ago, jbot said:

R6 or R1 shocks fit on that bad basic bitch?  you should've gotten a street triple and joined trm8tr and me on the light side of the force.

It's getting Ohlins and I don't have any love left in me for European bikes at the moment. My current situation requires a bike that will start and run without failure or need of a service every other oil change. I am done with all of that nonsense. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, jbot said:

R6 or R1 shocks fit on that bad basic bitch?  you should've gotten a street triple and joined trm8tr and me on the light side of the force.

I looked into that before suggesting Racetech. The R1 shock takes a bit of doing and I think a fork swap takes some custom milled spacers. A full front end swap would probably work out though.

30 minutes ago, jbot said:

I just want you to know that I upper deckered the Grom before I sold it to you. 

I found it and put it in a jar to bring to trackdays to remind the rest of us what could've been if you weren't so responsible. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, what said:

groms were built to be shit on and like it

That's all fine and good, but were they built to be shit in? Headpointmeme.gif

21 minutes ago, TimTheAzn said:

I found it and put it in a jar to bring to trackdays to remind the rest of us what could've been if you weren't so responsible. 

Weird smelling shit in jars... Isn't that what you people call kimchee?

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

I keep swiping right!

What was your favorite? 

No one is going to believe this but it is probably my 2004 ZX12R. I always leave my bikes stock for the most part but I bought that bike used for a really good deal and it had a full exhaust system with a power commander and it had been dyno tuned, it also had the gearing changed to -1/+2. It was the most rowdy obnoxious thing in the world to ride but it was a blast. The crazy thing would get to 167MPH right now then just bang off of the rev limiter.

6 hours ago, Pauly said:

Nothing up top is what kept me alive chasing you in GA and TN. This little 600 should be just as forgiving, hopefully. 

Hawlin' the mail! 

I have tried to duplicate that ride several times because it was so much fun and have only been successful completing it when by myself. Something always seems to happen to cut the route short.

5 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Not sure what kept a couple of us alive chasing Chris down that wherever the hell we were road in GA

I won't ever forget that off road excursion and can easily find it on the map. It's on Wolf Pen Gap Road, going from Suches to 19 at Lake Winfield Scott Dam. Biggest crash I never had.

38 minutes ago, Uncle Punk said:

I won't ever forget that off road excursion and can easily find it on the map. It's on Wolf Pen Gap Road, going from Suches to 19 at Lake Winfield Scott Dam. Biggest crash I never had.

Right. 

Ive rode Mach Retard enough with you that I knew something wasn’t right when you crested that hill. I was well versed in your braking habits and the way you hit them hard at that crest then Tim lifted the rear I remember vividly saying oh fuck out loud and grabbing everything I had before I could even see the other side. Without a doubt the biggest ass pucker I’ve ever had