New Boots

trentwilson43056

I have a pair of Sidi B2 boots that are 8 years old.  Leather is in great shape, I have a small spot on the ball of each foot that has just worn through the outside rubber to the inner layer but they are still usable and I wear them for short trips or if wearing them under jeans.  I replaced them with the Sidi ST Air boots for track riding and longer trips about 4 years ago.  These are the boots I was wearing when I crashed the Triumph and can say that they held up very well.  I replaced the ankle brace for being scratched up but it was still fully functional and could have been left alone if needed.  I don't know if Sidi makes anything in your price range but if they do it is worth trying them on to see if you like the fit of them.  Both pairs I have owned have served me well.

I was just about to start a boot thread of my own and have been combing revzilla and amazon the past 3 days looking at boots. My icon field armor boots have 8 seasons and 3 or 4 crashes on them and are still functional but a little beat up, plus I cant ride all winter so I buy gear and farkles. I wish icon still made the field armor boots because they were comfortable and durable as hell. Will be following this thread for opinions of other brands. 

I have had these for about a year and a half now. 

pR1wBlL.png

I probably have about 11,000 miles on them and 1 or 2 track days. They currently are the only boots I own. The only thing that I don’t like is they are not water proof. I got them for less from Riders Discount. The only damage I see is on the left boot sole, pic below. 

CK12468.jpg

Some scarring on the inside and 1 of the red inserts is gone. Sole seems to be solid still and the rest of the boots look the same as the day I received them. I’m happy so far with the boots. I’m guessing they’ll last at least another year or 2, maybe longer. When I bought these Mike was still working at Riders and suggested another option was the Sidi fusion. It was a little more expensive and me being cheap, I chose these. 

11 hours ago, vf1000ride said:

I have a pair of Sidi B2 boots that are 8 years old.  Leather is in great shape, I have a small spot on the ball of each foot that has just worn through the outside rubber to the inner layer but they are still usable and I wear them for short trips or if wearing them under jeans.  I replaced them with the Sidi ST Air boots for track riding and longer trips about 4 years ago.  These are the boots I was wearing when I crashed the Triumph and can say that they held up very well.  I replaced the ankle brace for being scratched up but it was still fully functional and could have been left alone if needed.  I don't know if Sidi makes anything in your price range but if they do it is worth trying them on to see if you like the fit of them.  Both pairs I have owned have served me well.

Thanks,I appreciate it. From looking I think you're right about the price thing. I really want to get a good durable product and I know price doesn't alwYs reflect that.

3 hours ago, durk said:

I have had these for about a year and a half now. 

pR1wBlL.png

I probably have about 11,000 miles on them and 1 or 2 track days. They currently are the only boots I own. The only thing that I don’t like is they are not water proof. I got them for less from Riders Discount. The only damage I see is on the left boot sole, pic below. 

CK12468.jpg

Some scarring on the inside and 1 of the red inserts is gone. Sole seems to be solid still and the rest of the boots look the same as the day I received them. I’m happy so far with the boots. I’m guessing they’ll last at least another year or 2, maybe longer. When I bought these Mike was still working at Riders and suggested another option was the Sidi fusion. It was a little more expensive and me being cheap, I chose these. 

Lol,thanks,thanks for taking the time,I appreciate it.

I have A*'s, RST, and Sidi.

I would rank them but they are all of different in levels of protection/ price point.

A* Supertech R - Best boot on the market imo. Comfy like house slippers and have the most protection out of all the boots I have. Can't go wrong with MotoGP level of protection.

RST Pro Series Race - In between the Supertech and the Sidi's. No internal boot for additional support. Haven't used these yet so feedback limited. Felt ok when I wore them around the house. Bought with the intention of taking some of the load off of my Supertech R's on track. Riders Discount had/has a blowout sale on these, couldn't say no as my RST suit and gloves have survived multiple crashes.

Sidi (I think they are fusions) - First real boot I bought. Did me very well over the last 5 years on the street. Soles have worn since then and I really don't wear them anymore. However I have more than gotten my money out of them. Easy on and easy off, which is nice when street riding. Besides scratches, and worn toe sliders these things had withstood the test of time.

Edited by TimTheAzn