Storing serial numbers

redkow97

I finally photographed and recorded all my serial numbers a while back. 

Keeping them on a business card in my desk at work, as well as in a “note” on my phone. I also keep my spare gun keys in my office desk, so they can’t be taken if my house is broken into. 

Curiosu to hear how others keep their important spare keys, important info, etc. 

You have a key for your gun safe?

i also photographed and stored serial numbers on a note in my phone which I also emailed to myself.  

Most homeowners policies only cover about $3k on the regular policy.  Might want to purchase a rider if yours are worth more. 

On 1/1/2019 at 3:21 PM, max power said:

You have a key for your gun safe?

I just have a steel cabinet. It’s primariky to keep my kids out. A motivated thief would get in easily enough, but it’s hidden pretty well, and situated in a manner that you’d have to take out a wall to use a pry bar to open it. Not that i don’t have power tools in the garage that would cut through pretty quick, but that adds time and noise. 

I’m realistic about who it will and won’t stop.  Thus one reason i am keeping the serial numbers handy...

my guns are probably only worth $1400. I may have more than that in ammo 😂

• Upvote 1