Tonik

2019 Gap Trip.

Was fun. We made the best of what we had and adventures were plentiful.  

46 minutes ago, max power said:

Was fun. We made the best of what we had and adventures were plentiful.  

Exactly.

Edited by Tonik

Home, great run and very glad I did it.

Love the Wing even more than before. Flawless in the rain, I did not slip once. Not once. Fast as hell in the twisties and effortless to pilot. When I didn't have the fuel range challenged with me I was pulling 160 miles easily before I felt like stopping.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, theroamr said:

Heavily loaded on way to camp at deals gap. 

86C076F0-449B-4AC8-9A4B-333A595BD69B.jpeg

You taking the Harley lines?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, rawlins87 said:

You taking the Harley lines?

The shortest distance between two photogs is a Harley line. 

Home. Five days of rain, wet roads, glitchy throttle and soggy balls. Just over 1800 miles of that shit. I had a really fun time and am glad I went. Not sarcasm. 

Will expound on my experience later. Too tired and at the moment I have lasagna to eat. 

• Upvote 1

I made it home! We decided that was the most rain of any rally that Roamr and I have been to, still had a good time. 1665 miles total.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Home, great run and very glad I did it.

Love the Wing even more than before. Flawless in the rain, I did not slip once. Not once. Fast as hell in the twisties and effortless to pilot. When I didn't have the fuel range challenged with me I was pulling 160 miles easily before I felt like stopping.

stop...you are making me want one even more. It's bad enough that it'll be another 2wks + before I can ride anything.

I had a great time.  Rode a bunch on the Grom and took the Ducati for a coiple great rides.  Good hang with everyone in the evenings.  Looking forward to the next one!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

stop...you are making me want one even more. It's bad enough that it'll be another 2wks + before I can ride anything.

When you get back on your feet (pun intended) we can get together and you can take it for a spin. But don't ride it unless you are prepared to buy one.

• Like 1

The bubbys made it home safe and comfortably in the luxury of the rental truck.  Bike is washed and detailing will commence shortly. 

• Upvote 1

Yep...was a good trip. If anything, I’m a more experienced motorcyclist for having ridden 1000 miles of wet road...in 5 days.

Apparently the weather event that was our vacation was national news. 8+ inches of rain in some places down there. 3-4 almost everywhere we rode.

Anyway, good people, good (wet) roads and beautiful scenery. I can think of worse ways to spend my time. I wish it would have been more dry, but I wished in one hand and crapped in the other....   don’t ask me why I crapped in my hand

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

The bubbys on the new section of the foothills. 

20190608_190253.jpg

20190608_190309.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

I didnt make it home. Becuase im still on vacation. Rode that bitch from the mountains to the sea in the pouring rain all day with a bald tire..lol

20190609_192551.jpg

20190609_190738.jpg

20190609_191352.jpg

20190609_192515.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/8/2019 at 6:49 PM, Tonik said:

Lunch at Coal House BBQ. Then the fun part of 119, then 421, 80 and 550. 

Hammer down on 550 I see a deer running up the hillside....so I shut it down hard figuring there are more....and signal everyone behind me. Crest the hill and there is a doe and her few days old fawn in the middle of the road. Full on ABS...the fawn freezes so I dove right. That moved the fawn left where it froze again and found itself staring at the front tire of an MT10 that stopped 2 feet short of it.

That fawn should now understand the value of ABS. I know Jamie and I do.

So we start to accelerate and are still going slow and around the corner comes a cop.

So we saved that fawns life, and it for sure saved us tickets. Win win.

IMG_20190608_121807.jpg

IMG_20190608_140046.jpg

who's riding the Bimmer?

7 minutes ago, ScubaCinci said:

who's riding the Bimmer?

Rick, aka @Skinny guy

He is cool, our kinda people.

12 hours ago, Tonik said:

WingDragon2019.jpg

Your left foot is pointed outward. Just saying.🐄:dunno:

Glad everyone had good time!  Sorry about the weather.  Definitely planning to go next year!

27 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

Yea, I am having a hell of a time with my feet. Working on it.

29 minutes ago, B-Mac said:

I have same trouble as well on weird motorcycles. The Tracer I have no place to lock in the knee on the counter side. 

44 minutes ago, NinjaDoc said:

I have same trouble as well on weird motorcycles. The Tracer I have no place to lock in the knee on the counter side. 

I was intentionally leaning in the pics for grins. No doubt that is what is going on...learning to lean. But I have no intention of leaning on a regular basis, or for real.

So Jim's Wing is amazing.  Its light years ahead of the whale.  So stable in the corners and clearly enough power.  It looks great and pretty darn sleek considering it has three hards cases the passenger seat has arm rests.

Nice bike man, ride the hell out of it.

• Beer 1