Tonik

2019 Gap Trip.

2 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

5ECED077-B898-42F8-BBA2-C0B4296BEAAD.jpeg

Based upon the photographic evidence, you are holding a grom up.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tonik said:

Based upon the photographic evidence, you are holding a grom up.

Wrong! Roamr was between me and the grom! When I could see Jacob getting closer to Roamr, I upped my pace.

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Dunno what the rest of the crew did today but our crew had a great day. Did the Tonik GA route. Wet to start, two cloud bursts the rest of the day. Very clean and awesome Skyway run, 180 was awesome.....north out of Suches was off the charts.

Good thing @jacobhawkins joined us, otherwise the Wing would have been the fastest thing in the group. It is amazing.

@Pauly 's fizzer is a POS.

We passed you guys on 28 this morning. We were headed north to Fontana.

10 minutes ago, Howabusa said:

Wrong! Roamr was between me and the grom! When I could see Jacob getting closer to Roamr, I upped my pace.

So you were holding up Roamr and a grom. Glad we were able to clear that up.

IMG_20190607_202835.jpg

43 minutes ago, Tonik said:

IMG_20190607_202835.jpg

Whatever these things are they is ugly!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Our first ever 2 up pic on the dragon. Hopfully killboy has some better ones.

Screenshot_20190607-223038_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b0f678e420db711c2aecaba40f6d32f6.jpg

• Upvote 1

Devil's Triangle 116 is epic, great pavement except for a few patches. Sign says closed, it isn't. What a morning, damn.

MVIMG_20190608_110929.jpg

IMG_20190608_110225.jpg

• Upvote 1

Looks fun despite the rain! I'm gonna make it one of these years... Lol... We're gonna move to NC eventually some day too, then I'll be able to make it every year if you old bubbies aren't too arthritic by then 😂

We are eating at Lynn’s place. Planning on making a run across the Skyway. If anybody wants to join us, we will be at the gas station at 143 and 129 at 6:30.

Kent this ride requires testicular fortitude and pure dedicated riding spirit. Sought any takers

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Hammer down on 550 I see a deer running up the hillside....so I shut it down hard figuring there are more....and signal everyone behind me. Crest the hill and there is a doe and her few days old fawn in the middle of the road. Full on ABS...the fawn freezes so I dove right. That moved the fawn left where it froze again and found itself staring at the front tire of an MT10 that stopped 2 feet short of it.

That fawn should now understand the value of ABS. I know Jamie and I do.

Where's the video? Are you telling me goldwings don't come with dash cams?

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Lunch at Coal House BBQ. Then the fun part of 119, then 421, 80 and 550. 

Hammer down on 550 I see a deer running up the hillside....so I shut it down hard figuring there are more....and signal everyone behind me. Crest the hill and there is a doe and her few days old fawn in the middle of the road. Full on ABS...the fawn freezes so I dove right. That moved the fawn left where it froze again and found itself staring at the front tire of an MT10 that stopped 2 feet short of it.

That fawn should now understand the value of ABS. I know Jamie and I do.

So we start to accelerate and are still going slow and around the corner comes a cop.

So we saved that fawns life, and it for sure saved us tickets. Win win.

IMG_20190608_121807.jpg

IMG_20190608_140046.jpg

Good thing I took that boat anchor of a top case back with me.  That extra 40 lbs could have made the difference in how that story ended.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Good thing I took that boat anchor of a top case back with me.  That extra 40 lbs could have made the difference in how that story ended.

Very good point. You also got his weight to a normal amount and his suspension is pretty well sorted.

CBFC2B26-226C-45B2-8B44-54B5947AB1FE.thumb.jpeg.b135f273e6616090818ef9ac93bdcc5e.jpeg291093A5-AF1A-4020-8E60-323E1EC8A808.thumb.jpeg.b8c1c39e34b72cc1767f84e0d02c1079.jpeg

Brandon and his imaginary girlfriend. 

@Dying Shadow

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

Dumped her for a real one. 

EA41190C-1EFE-40B5-8DFA-E89229045ADB.jpeg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Howabusa said:

We are eating at Lynn’s place. Planning on making a run across the Skyway. If anybody wants to join us, we will be at the gas station at 143 and 129 at 6:30.

16 hours ago, theroamr said:

Kent this ride requires testicular fortitude and pure dedicated riding spirit. Sought any takers

We ran the gravel roads off cherola in a beat to shit rental truck earlier and hit the new foothills in the early evening after the rain. 

19 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Looks fun despite the rain! I'm gonna make it one of these years... Lol... We're gonna move to NC eventually some day too, then I'll be able to make it every year if you old bubbies aren't too arthritic by then 😂

Better do it soon. Interest is dwindling.  Don’t think we even had 20 people this year. 

Looks like you guys had a good trip. I wish I could have made it. Hope everyone is having a safe trip home.

• Upvote 1