Jump to content
Tonik

2019 Gap Trip.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Danimal said:

I think the whole fuck Casper gig has grown quite old and is pretty stupid.

As if my opinion means anything.

 

I agree, Dan.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, what said:

sold out

thread jack but what all do you have done to her? I am thinking about making some winter upgrades to mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have edited the subject so no one will be offended. Unrelated I am dropping out of planning this, I wasn't going to go. Was just trying to help out.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bowdog said:

thread jack but what all do you have done to her? I am thinking about making some winter upgrades to mine.

Not much, truthfully, just dotting all i's and crossing all t's. 

Full build will be:

Racetech springs + heavier fork oil in forks
YSS stage 2 rear shock
Easily removable number plate (eventually with LED blinker strips and a small removable LED headlight)
Shorter, thinner bars
Kenda Kwik KD-1 tires
Lever guards/moose hand guards, not sure which way I want to go here yet.. I would swap the hand guards over to the CBR when tracking that
Ram air
------------
Thinking of possibly doing a clutch cover swap as well. There's an aftermarket clutch case cover that eliminates the oil flinger and lets you install a paper oil filter, it also has a glass viewport with a full oil indicator so no more dipstick. The biggest benefit to this would be eliminating the flinger though, that's like 5lbs of spinning mass gone. 
If I do the clutch case I would also swap out the stock clutch springs for stiffer aftermarket springs. I may do this anyway though, I just need to feel how well it grabs while racing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Just talked to the (I'm guessing) owner and he will have more in stock next week. Merry Christmas to me I guess. Seems these make a little more power than chimera, thanks. 

Edited by what

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, what said:

Just talked to the (I'm guessing) owner and he will have more in stock next week. Merry Christmas to me I guess. Seems these make a little more power than chimera, thanks. 

Better than Chimera in every way. And what every Grom on the WERA grid runs

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Tonik said:

I have edited the subject so no one will be offended. Unrelated I am dropping out of planning this, I wasn't going to go. Was just trying to help out.

Da fuq?  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he said he wasn't planning the trip. I mean... I am no Rhode Scholar, but I think that is what happened. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m offended that people here are now getting offended. What happened to this group. Need a better screening process for new members 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 So Jim, have you already set anything up with two wheel inn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, max power said:

 So Jim, have you already set anything up with two wheel inn?

No, nothing has been set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I'm offended that you little cunts keep crashing this thread with your Fisher Price motorcycle circle jerk. 

Get it right, it’s  Tonka, like the real thing only smaller. Bitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MidgetTodd said:

Get it right, it’s  Tonka, like the real thing only smaller. Bitch. 

Is that what you tell the ladies? 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Casper said:

Is that what you tell the ladies? 

Don’t need to, short guys have it made. I can tell them it hangs to my knees without lying. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 10:37 AM, what said:

Not much, truthfully, just dotting all i's and crossing all t's. 

Full build will be:

Racetech springs + heavier fork oil in forks
YSS stage 2 rear shock
Easily removable number plate (eventually with LED blinker strips and a small removable LED headlight)
Shorter, thinner bars
Kenda Kwik KD-1 tires
Lever guards/moose hand guards, not sure which way I want to go here yet.. I would swap the hand guards over to the CBR when tracking that
Ram air
------------
Thinking of possibly doing a clutch cover swap as well. There's an aftermarket clutch case cover that eliminates the oil flinger and lets you install a paper oil filter, it also has a glass viewport with a full oil indicator so no more dipstick. The biggest benefit to this would be eliminating the flinger though, that's like 5lbs of spinning mass gone. 
If I do the clutch case I would also swap out the stock clutch springs for stiffer aftermarket springs. I may do this anyway though, I just need to feel how well it grabs while racing. 

Also need to add some protection for the exhaust.  That low mount thing is going to get ripped right off on the first right hand low side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jacobhawkins said:

Also need to add some protection for the exhaust.  That low mount thing is going to get ripped right off on the first right hand low side.

Ah, yeah. I may just remount the stock high exhaust. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been thinking about reviving the old CORE board on Facebook. Maybe it’s time. Unfortunately I am not a puter geek. I am just not sure what the hell has happened to OR!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Howabusa said:

I have been thinking about reviving the old CORE board on Facebook. Maybe it’s time. Unfortunately I am not a puter geek. I am just not sure what the hell has happened to OR!

Probably be easier to volunteer to plan this trip. 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Casper said:

Probably be easier to volunteer to plan this trip. 

I don’t understand why you aren’t planning it! The rally last year was cool. It was a nice hotel, lots of good riding and good times around the fire at night. You talked about finding somewhere different for this year. Now you are out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Howabusa said:

I don’t understand why you aren’t planning it! The rally last year was cool. It was a nice hotel, lots of good riding and good times around the fire at night. You talked about finding somewhere different for this year. Now you are out? 

Ben doesn't owe anyone an answer outside of "no".

I am looking at accommodations right now for myself. I am going next year, with our without OhioRiders. I have no idea what dates I can go, but I really liked Townsend. I am planning on staying near there, again. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Ben doesn't owe anyone an answer outside of "no".

I am looking at accommodations right now for myself. I am going next year, with our without OhioRiders. I have no idea what dates I can go, but I really liked Townsend. I am planning on staying near there, again. 

That’s true, he doesn’t owe anyone an explanation. I tend to run my stupid mouth and let everybody know my business. That’s just the way I am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×