Tonik

2019 Gap Trip.

3 hours ago, 2talltim said:

I've never needed to be welcome to join in. Only required to be the butt of the jokes and everything has worked out well for me. 

Not with me. Never

7 hours ago, max power said:

Anyone looking for a 2XL Tourtech textile suit?  

Like new  

Can bring to gap. 

9024C662-BD5F-4080-ADD8-C4CBB3BECF5B.jpeg

8F044AB7-26BE-48ED-AF7B-C0BAA5FAC2F4.jpeg

That should fit me. How much?

What's the best way to wash and care for riding gear?

Just now, B-Mac said:

Please stop now

1 minute ago, B-Mac said:

I beat it against rocks while I'm still wearing it.

• Beer 1
  • Haha 1

So I guess too many options is better than no options at all but I'm kind of at a standstill. Original plan was for just me to trailer the Z down and ride when I could. Now the wife is going with me even though she is said stick with my original plan she doesn't need to ride she just wants to get out of the house. I would like to take her for a ride. The Z isn't exactly the best option for two upping especially since we've never done it before on the Z. We thought about taking her bike but with Logistics and the weather forecast looking like it does she's not sure she would even want to ride. She's not geared up for wet riding or really seasoned for it either on roads like those. The Connie is a obvious choice for 2 up but she dose not want to ride down on the back, she's not a long haul rider or passenger so she would have to take the car.

So options are.

1. Stick to original plan take the Z (small trailer and car)and tell her see ya later when i ride(which she says shes fine with but im not). Maybe try out the Z on a couple 2up rides.

2.Take the Connie so we can 2 up,  with two different ways it can be done....

a. Ride it down following her taking the car(which seems like a total waste of gas and just seems retarded)

b. Trailer the Connie down. (I know I know, there will be so much crow to eat and goes against so many morals ive ever had about this bike) Only ever been on a trailer once in it's life over 5 years ago and that was similar situation. Again one bike is doable with small trailer and car.

3. Option 3 is borrow a firends bigger trailer and take the Z and my wifes bike. But have to pull it with the truck(instead of the car)which means more gas.  With the the chance she might not even ride hers if we don't get nice weather.

Now thabks to @NinjaDoc this is the forcast we have to contend with. So this i part of my decision making. 2 different weather web sites. Thabks a lot Doc.

Screenshot_20190602-120216_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b39767336f6fe9642df723841730c787.jpg1669479903_Screenshot_20190602-120016_TheWeatherChannel.thumb.jpg.2d56f743383069263223467fbb3f293b.jpg

And Fuck Nivan and his weather.

Why would you give a shit what anyone thinks about you trailering your bike down?   Jesus that shit is stupid.  

It reminds me of Harley bubbys trying to tell you not to wear a helmet because it will rip your head off in a crash. 

Was anyone on Crabtree Mountain Road last year? Year before it was pretty f'd up.

22 minutes ago, max power said:

Why would you give a shit what anyone thinks about you trailering your bike down?   Jesus that shit is stupid.  

It reminds me of Harley bubbys trying to tell you not to wear a helmet because it will rip your head off in a crash. 

I really don't. It actually bothers me personally more than what i care what others think..lol. not even sure why I care.

2b Trailer Connie You can rip solo or 2 up all boxes ticked. 

Dont worry about weather, we just going to have good time on cloudy overcast days that’s all

Edited by NinjaDoc

I think you should trailer the Connie. 

Finally ready. Changed fork fluid and all other fluids. Changed oil and final drive oil. New brake pads and tires. Got new shorty adjustable folding levers

image.jpg

• Beer 1
  • Upvote 1

Welp the wife has made part of the decision. She said if she goes for a ride she wants to be able to look around at the scenery on the back she said she can't do that riding her own. So one bike it is. The trailer has been brought down out of storage. Now we went fo a short ride up the road and back on the Z. Her words not mine "this isn't too bad"..lol Still leaning towards the connie but not 100% yet. 

Another reason for the connie is i might still be headed to the outer banks with my dads family for few days after and the wifey cant go. So that will give me the connie to ride there.

20190602_145723.jpg

What if it rains? Let’s pack some rain gear, what is it’s too cold in morning, let’s pack some heated gear, what about this what if that happens, okay let’s pack this that and of course the other as well. 

So so much for minimalist packing, need tail bag 🤣

• Confused 1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:51 PM, 2talltim said:

I've never needed to be welcome to join in. Only required to be the butt of the jokes and everything has worked out well for me. 

Shit bubby, we’re all the but of jokes at one time or another and you’ve been a bubby from day one.  

• Beer 1

Bike(s) decision has been made. Packing tomorrow. House chores Tuesday. Rolling after work Wednesday.

If the forecast does not come around I may bail on this trip. I have lots of vacation days coming that I can use on better days than what they’re forecasting right now. 

5 minutes ago, durk said:

If the forecast does not come around I may bail on this trip. I have lots of vacation days coming that I can use on better days than what they’re forecasting right now. 

Its the same forcast every year down there. It's the mountains. It rains in the mountains. Usually down there the way is works is one of two ways. If you get up in the morning and it raining it usally clears up by noon and the rest of the day is fine. If you do get storms in the afternoon they blow though in less than a hour.

I understand the mountain forecast. It’s the getting there part right now that sucks too. Wednesday is forecasted for 80% rain/thunderstorms for my whole trip. 10-11 hours on a supersport is a task as it is, throw in rain and it’s no bueno. I’ll wait to see what develops tomorrow. Hopefully it changes to storms overnight. 

I don't get Wednesdays forecast, for example Charleston WV. It shows an 85 percent chance of thunderstorms. But if you look at the morning forecast it is 55 percent, afternoon 60 percent evening 50 percent. How does that add up to 85 percent?

Fuck the weatherman.

It’s like somebody playing sick joke, shitty weather,  exact 5 days , exactly the path we take 🤣

02CEB453-D0A4-4397-8BF3-2E8967A0BEC1.gif

Edited by NinjaDoc

24 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I don't get Wednesdays forecast, for example Charleston WV. It shows an 85 percent chance of thunderstorms. But if you look at the morning forecast it is 55 percent, afternoon 60 percent evening 50 percent. How does that add up to 85 percent?

Fuck the weatherman.

Yea that totally adds up to 165% chance. What are they thinking :rolleyes:

:lol: 

• Haha 2