2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

2 minutes ago, DerekClouser said:

He certainly is understanding... the problem, our one capable guy in Columbus just quit unexpectedly and that leaves the ball rolling into my court.  I could leave for a week but the amount of work that would pile up would leave me buried and I have a week long trip to Calgary with my wife and brother/sister-in laws that I couldn't do if I took this trip off too. 

Breaking the laws on motorcycle much better option than taking a break with in-laws :D js

Booked my hotel for the ride down to break the trip up, as well as one for the ride home. That makes it official that I’m riding down and not trailering. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

Booked my hotel for the ride down to break the trip up, as well as one for the ride home. That makes it official that I’m riding down and not trailering. 

Cya there man. We are leaving real early Thursday morning and should be down there by noon at the latest. 

Edited by what
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, durk said:

Where you staying? We have a room in London, Ky for Wednesday night. 

4 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

Everyone likes her. That's why I bring her around. Maybe take the dislike people have of me and balance it out. 

No one dislikes you they just don’t want to sleep in the same room, or county    

13 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Just so we are clear. She is welcome. You, not so much.

I've never needed to be welcome to join in. Only required to be the butt of the jokes and everything has worked out well for me. 

5 hours ago, max power said:

Anyone looking for a 2XL Tourtech textile suit?  

Like new  

Can bring to gap. 

9024C662-BD5F-4080-ADD8-C4CBB3BECF5B.jpeg

8F044AB7-26BE-48ED-AF7B-C0BAA5FAC2F4.jpeg

You might want to hang onto that. I have seen you consume large amounts of food at breakfast settings and I'm sure you will be a XXL within a year.😀

• Haha 2

So I guess too many options is better than no options at all but I'm kind of at a standstill. Original plan was for just me to trailer the Z down and ride when I could. Now the wife is going with me even though she is said stick with my original plan she doesn't need to ride she just wants to get out of the house. I would like to take her for a ride. The Z isn't exactly the best option for two upping especially since we've never done it before on the Z. We thought about taking her bike but with Logistics and the weather forecast looking like it does she's not sure she would even want to ride. She's not geared up for wet riding or really seasoned for it either on roads like those. The Connie is a obvious choice for 2 up but she dose not want to ride down on the back, she's not a long haul rider or passenger so she would have to take the car.

So options are.

1. Stick to original plan take the Z (small trailer and car)and tell her see ya later when i ride(which she says shes fine with but im not). Maybe try out the Z on a couple 2up rides.

2.Take the Connie so we can 2 up,  with two different ways it can be done....

a. Ride it down following her taking the car(which seems like a total waste of gas and just seems retarded)

b. Trailer the Connie down. (I know I know, there will be so much crow to eat and goes against so many morals ive ever had about this bike) Only ever been on a trailer once in it's life over 5 years ago and that was similar situation. Again one bike is doable with small trailer and car.

3. Option 3 is borrow a firends bigger trailer and take the Z and my wifes bike. But have to pull it with the truck(instead of the car)which means more gas.  With the the chance she might not even ride hers if we don't get nice weather.

Now thabks to @NinjaDoc this is the forcast we have to contend with. So this i part of my decision making. 2 different weather web sites. Thabks a lot Doc.

Screenshot_20190602-120216_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b39767336f6fe9642df723841730c787.jpg1669479903_Screenshot_20190602-120016_TheWeatherChannel.thumb.jpg.2d56f743383069263223467fbb3f293b.jpg

Why would you give a shit what anyone thinks about you trailering your bike down?   Jesus that shit is stupid.  

It reminds me of Harley bubbys trying to tell you not to wear a helmet because it will rip your head off in a crash.