2019 Gap Trip.

Tonik

1 hour ago, Tonik said:

Hammer down on 550 I see a deer running up the hillside....so I shut it down hard figuring there are more....and signal everyone behind me. Crest the hill and there is a doe and her few days old fawn in the middle of the road. Full on ABS...the fawn freezes so I dove right. That moved the fawn left where it froze again and found itself staring at the front tire of an MT10 that stopped 2 feet short of it.

That fawn should now understand the value of ABS. I know Jamie and I do.

Where's the video? Are you telling me goldwings don't come with dash cams?

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

Lunch at Coal House BBQ. Then the fun part of 119, then 421, 80 and 550. 

Hammer down on 550 I see a deer running up the hillside....so I shut it down hard figuring there are more....and signal everyone behind me. Crest the hill and there is a doe and her few days old fawn in the middle of the road. Full on ABS...the fawn freezes so I dove right. That moved the fawn left where it froze again and found itself staring at the front tire of an MT10 that stopped 2 feet short of it.

That fawn should now understand the value of ABS. I know Jamie and I do.

So we start to accelerate and are still going slow and around the corner comes a cop.

So we saved that fawns life, and it for sure saved us tickets. Win win.

IMG_20190608_121807.jpg

IMG_20190608_140046.jpg

Good thing I took that boat anchor of a top case back with me.  That extra 40 lbs could have made the difference in how that story ended.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jacobhawkins said:

Good thing I took that boat anchor of a top case back with me.  That extra 40 lbs could have made the difference in how that story ended.

Very good point. You also got his weight to a normal amount and his suspension is pretty well sorted.

17 hours ago, Howabusa said:

We are eating at Lynn’s place. Planning on making a run across the Skyway. If anybody wants to join us, we will be at the gas station at 143 and 129 at 6:30.

16 hours ago, theroamr said:

Kent this ride requires testicular fortitude and pure dedicated riding spirit. Sought any takers

We ran the gravel roads off cherola in a beat to shit rental truck earlier and hit the new foothills in the early evening after the rain. 

19 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Looks fun despite the rain! I'm gonna make it one of these years... Lol... We're gonna move to NC eventually some day too, then I'll be able to make it every year if you old bubbies aren't too arthritic by then 😂

Better do it soon. Interest is dwindling.  Don’t think we even had 20 people this year. 

Home, great run and very glad I did it.

Love the Wing even more than before. Flawless in the rain, I did not slip once. Not once. Fast as hell in the twisties and effortless to pilot. When I didn't have the fuel range challenged with me I was pulling 160 miles easily before I felt like stopping.

• Upvote 4

Home. Five days of rain, wet roads, glitchy throttle and soggy balls. Just over 1800 miles of that shit. I had a really fun time and am glad I went. Not sarcasm. 

Will expound on my experience later. Too tired and at the moment I have lasagna to eat. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tonik said:

Home, great run and very glad I did it.

Love the Wing even more than before. Flawless in the rain, I did not slip once. Not once. Fast as hell in the twisties and effortless to pilot. When I didn't have the fuel range challenged with me I was pulling 160 miles easily before I felt like stopping.

stop...you are making me want one even more. It's bad enough that it'll be another 2wks + before I can ride anything.

1 hour ago, ScubaCinci said:

stop...you are making me want one even more. It's bad enough that it'll be another 2wks + before I can ride anything.

When you get back on your feet (pun intended) we can get together and you can take it for a spin. But don't ride it unless you are prepared to buy one.

• Like 1

Yep...was a good trip. If anything, I’m a more experienced motorcyclist for having ridden 1000 miles of wet road...in 5 days.

Apparently the weather event that was our vacation was national news. 8+ inches of rain in some places down there. 3-4 almost everywhere we rode.

Anyway, good people, good (wet) roads and beautiful scenery. I can think of worse ways to spend my time. I wish it would have been more dry, but I wished in one hand and crapped in the other....   don’t ask me why I crapped in my hand

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2